Anyone build custom V2 gearboxes?

ballen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a custom built V2 gearbox for my new G&G SR25 and I'd rather pay a company to build one with the bits I specify/take into account there recommendations too in order to ensure it's shimmed properly and correctly put together - Anyone recommend any UK Airsoft stores that would do this?

I'm looking at basically specifying a load of parts such as heavy duty gearbox housing (I hear some of them are prone to cracking with larger rate springs), high torque gears, an SP130 sping and anything else anyone recommends to build a gearbox suitable at firing approx 450 FPS for my new 'DMR' build.

Cheers,

Bobby

ZeroOne have a custom build service, they should be able to sort you out, I've seen something about an SR25 done by them before. They locked it to semi but included a switch (hidden in the stock I think) to allow a burst of auto for when the gear box locked up.

ASG make thier "Ultimate Gearbox" with their "Ultimate" brand parts in it. I have one and it's absolutely beautiful. It doesn't come with a motor though so you'll have to pick one out separately.

Mine is running at 22 RPS atm, planning to make it run at 27-30 ish rps, it is a solid gearbox.

ASG make thier "Ultimate Gearbox" with their "Ultimate" brand parts in it. I have one and it's absolutely beautiful. It doesn't come with a motor though so you'll have to pick one out separately.

Mine is running at 22 RPS atm, planning to make it run at 27-30 ish rps, it is a solid gearbox.

Yep the Lonex drop in gearboxes are about the best ones you can get off the shelf. Personally I would be wary of pushing it too fast as the Lonex red piston is very heavy (compared to say an SHS blue) and has bearings, making it even heavier. TBH I mod all my GBs with what I think are basic upgrades anyway.

The G&G in question - is it a blowback version? If so you will have to keep the gearbox shell and cylinder (if you want the blowback to work), otherwise they are pretty standard inside.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.