newbie questions....

fbmbmx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to this as you will probably be able to tell after reading these questions....

1. What is the avantage of P-mags?

2. Is it best to leave my lipo battery connected to the gun when it is not in use?

3. should i leave pistol mags empty or full when not in use?

4. How many shots do you get out of a mag full of gas on a Colt 1991 ?

5. Should you leave rifle mags in the rifle and if so wound or un-wound ?

Thanks alot,
Harry

Hey there,

1. Nothing, they just look cool :D

2. Nothing will happen because it's not actuated when not in use but I guess for safety (pffft), you can leave it unconnected.

3. BB ammo? Yes, cause you'll degrade the spring in it overtime. Gas? Nah, leave it.

4. Depends on the gun make, usually 1-2 full mags on green gas and roughly 3-4 full mags on CO2.

5. Best not to when preparing for a game just incase. For casual use? Meh, doesn't matter what you do.

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to this as you will probably be able to tell after reading these questions....

1. What is the avantage of P-mags?

2. Is it best to leave my lipo battery connected to the gun when it is not in use?

3. should i leave pistol mags empty or full when not in use?

4. How many shots do you get out of a mag full of gas on a Colt 1991 ?

5. Should you leave rifle mags in the rifle and if so wound or un-wound ?

Thanks alot,

Harry

1 as AK said, also stanags don't fit in some guns properly and vice versa. try one before buying and see if it feeds ok if you want them

2 NOOOOOOO never leave a LiPo in the gun, especially if you have a mosfet, but don't leave it in a gun as a good habbit even if you don't have a mosfet

3 best to empty them after use as said the spring will lose power and poss cause future miss feeds, always leave a little gas in the mags though as it helps preserve the o-rings

4 no idea

5 mags out when transporting the gun, mags in but unloaded and unwound for show, mags out always in safe zone, mags in with BBs and wound when shooting folk

1) The PTS PMAGs are good quality, but no real advantage compared to others. You could pay £30 for two PMAGs but you could get a pack of eight MAG (the brand) magazines for £40.

2) Answered

3) Gas, you can leave it. CO2 no way (learnt the hard way with a couple £40 Palco USPs)

4) Depends on the manufacturer! WE are notoriously unreliable and known as one of their worst pistols. TM on the other hand are excellent as usual, plastic slide means gas efficency is far superior (and of course performance is excellent too because it's a Tokyo Marui) I have heard a lot of times other 1911s can't even shoot off a whole magazine. IMO TM 1911s / Hi-Capas = only ones you should buy.

5) Not good practice to be leaving a gun loaded! Real or not.

Best to disconnect a battery

You can leave mags full for quite a long time before the spring will be compressed permanently, but it will happen if you leave it long enough, so it's best to unload them if you can, however, with gas mags, it is best to leave at least a bit of gas in them at all times, since it helps to secure the seals.

1911 are big ass heavy pistols, so they are notorious among airsofters for not being the most efficient with gas. I've got some full metal 1911s which are hard pressed to get four shots off from a fully gassed mag in the cold weather. Anything which requires more effort from the gas will not help, such as a metal slide instead of a plastic one. If you really must have a 1911, then one of the best things you could do, is get a plastic one rather than a metal one, and even better, get a non-blowback one, yes it doesn't look quite as cool when you fire it and the slide doesn't move, but it will actually work more efficiently than a blowback one, and less moving parts is always a good thing with any machine.

Leave you mags out of a weapon unless you intend to shoot it, and as with pistol mags, releasing the spring tension will put less wear on the spring, so it's not a bad idea, likewise if your rifle has the ability to de-tension the spring, that's not a bad thing to do either.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.