Help a girl out

Chellew22

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You may be surprised by how much goes on behind the scenes to police the content of the Classifieds. I think I speak for the entire mod/admin team when I say that it is a point of pride that what we do does remain mostly unnoticed, because we want the forum to maintain its relaxed atmosphere, but when questions which involve legality are asked openly, we must respond openly. I totally get it that sometimes people do bang on at unnecessary length and sometimes, because what they have said is incomplete or seems misleading to another member, that provokes further discussion. However it's an internet forum ffs: surely everyone knows when they first post that some members of the forum will be more knowledgeable than others and that whatever they ask may take a few replies to get a complete answer...

However, in mmy opinion there are far too many members that are happy to jump to the worst possible scenario or to go straight to quoting chapter and verse in a seeming attempt to make sure everyone knows how clever they are. I know that expressing this opinion won't make me popular but I do it as a cautionary note, if we carry on treating new members like this then the forum WILL degenerate to a cliquey mess and that will harm its reputation. I've seen it happen time and again and I really don't want it to happen here.

Wise words. I've seen this happen on many forums over the last 15 years and its not cool

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.