First game in 10 years tomorrow!

kerby91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Enjoy mate haven't been to a proper outdoor skirmish in so long myself (about 2-3 years) :\

Have done indoor since then though but I don't like it as much

Really hope I can get new job I've applied for which means I could buy all the airsoft stuff I want yet I have to work Sundays which will mean it's even more limited when I can even do it :unsure:

Hey all, well it went ok I guess...my low cap mags refuse to feed so ended up borrowing a lads 120 mid cal all day which sucked. Got a few nice kills off, like a ghillied up sniper hiding in a bush...he took out three of our team before I managed to sneak up n knife him lol. Good fun.

As for the gao, I moved abroad and then when I moved back I got engaged and now have a 9 month old lil girl haha...so a mix of reasons.

Yeah I was born in 91 mate, I started airsoft at 11, back then there was no ukara etc so didn't matter.

• Supporters

So, will we see your wallet running for the hills now? I mean, do you see yourself getting back into it?

• Supporters

my low cap mags refuse to feed so ended up borrowing a lads 120 mid cal all day which sucked. Got a few nice kills off, like a ghillied up sniper hiding in a bush...he took out three of our team before I managed to sneak up n knife him lol.....

at least ya knife worked ok then - bet that felt good stopping that mofo's gallop

stuff like that and the odd pmsl funny stuff - that is what makes for great day win or lose in my book

(yeah its good to be victorious but I mainly go for fun & enjoyment first)

Weren't even my knife haha! Had one guy not taking hits which pissed me off, hot him at least 4 times on semi, then an auto burst, he then saw me and I took two rounds to the throat...got a bit fecked off n walked towards him on burst with the m9 raffika our medic had thrown at me when he ran off...one full mag to the face, plus being binned for 5 minutes of the next game and he was a bit sulky...arse

• Supporters

tut tut tut - non takers they fail to see how they can f*ck it up for all

plus I have found they can be the biggest whingers if boot on other foot

you always get 1 or 2, plus the odd genuine time when we are all pumped up and not seem to feel it straight away

but we "try" to play fair n call hits - christ its just a game with toy guns

besides no matter how good some people "think" they are....

when you see some experienced & co-ordintated teams play - yeah I still have so much to learn

when I do then I might pop down to the more serious sites - is a long way off though but I'm having fun all the same

Glad you had a good one - loads more to follow I'm sure & ukara etc.....

Last game I played, had a guy hiding in a hooch, I saw his barrel and bright blue hand guard so I crept pass the door, peeked through a window, pulled my pistol and said 'bang bang' he claimed blind firing, shot me in the ribs 3 times

I held back and said let's see a Marshall, so we did and he got balled out after we gave both sides, a guy came up and as a witness said I did the right thing

The young guy got balled out again for shooting point blank because the witness also saw it

Yeah that takes the piss, luckily it only happened once so was all good. Gonna be booking in for my next game soon, probably the 21st of Feb, gives me enough time to get my sidearm (tm 1911 meu) and sort the mag feeding issue out. As well as order a single point sling and a decent belt to attach my serpa holster to

It's not the 1st time its happened to me, I had someone not taking there hits but I could see them hitting as they kept squirming when hit but that's what the marshals are for :)

Surprising how quick the bug hits you again when you get back into it so fairplay to you buddy

• Supporters

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooez! Someone else who wants a pistol straight away :P Mate, you'll get far more use out of good eyepro/alternative eyepro for different situations, spare mags, face mask, knee pads, spare mags, webbing, spare battery, spare mags, decent gloves, spare mags, elbow pads, spare mags, oh and... er... something else on the tip of my tongue... got it! Spare mags.

You get me? By all means get a pistol for the s&g (although a skinny girly-hand framed 1911 wouldn't be my choice), but just be aware that if your budget is limited, money spent on a pistol is pretty much wasted until after you have a full rig and loadout. Here is my opinion in more detail.

I agree with ian ^^ and dont forget spare mags :)

My gloves has seen more outings than my pistol, only time I draw it is for building/behicle clearence and I'm lucky if I fire 2 rounds depending on how many people are inside

Haha I've kinda already bought the 1911, always been my favourite pistol since I was a kid so took the plunge. As for spare mags I'm ordering a load of mid caps soon as I can as well as fixing my low caps. The rest of the kit will come with time haha, I'm in no rush yet

Long as you've got something to carry all your mags in, doesn't matter what you wear really

Next game I go to, I'm going to wear civvi clothes, mix it up a bit

Light sweat shirt, cargo trousers, cap & boots.maybe some old jeans

I'll tie my ankles and walk like a proper penguin lol :)

Whilst I think it is probably true that for most new players at the average site, a pistol should be fairly low on the list of purchase priorities, there are some sites where it is pretty much a necessity, and one or two sites where a pistol is far more useful than a rifle, and that includes my local Trojan site at Weir Mill.

Weir Mill has eight floors (seven of them in use generally), there are two stairwells, both with two flights of stairs between floors, with a 180 degree angle turn in between flights. If you include the entrances to each floor in the equation and the landings, that means there are about 84 right angle choke points on the site, all of which are places where you can only use a pistol (no frags of any kind on the stairs). The rest of the site on the floors is semi-auto only, but you can use grenades there. So you actually do better dual-wielding pistols and taking no rifle at all, than you do with just a rifle, and I am in fact considering doing that this Wednesday. I've also considered dual wielding MP5Ks on single point slings, with dual pistols too, which might be kind of fun since it'd be a light (ish) load out and would offer the best of both worlds. It's also pretty much a necessity to have a knife at that site too, since whilst you can use your hand to foo a knife kill, you do sometimes need to throw your knife on the stairs. I did once nail an entire team on those stairs with my knife; they were stacked up ready to go through a door lol.

Weir Mill is pretty much an exception to the general rule I know, and presents some unusual challenges, and it is a site where radios can be quite a big factor too, but it is not the only site where a pistol is a very good thing to have.

Weren't even my knife haha! Had one guy not taking hits which pissed me off, hot him at least 4 times on semi, then an auto burst, he then saw me and I took two rounds to the throat...got a bit fecked off n walked towards him on burst with the m9 raffika our medic had thrown at me when he ran off...one full mag to the face, plus being binned for 5 minutes of the next game and he was a bit sulky...arse

I gotta say that this happened to me sunday... it was my first day too and I absolutely loved it, went wadding through the river, got caked in mud, shot some people, but some, didn't want to play ball.

Now not being funny but although I'm a noob at airsoft I can shoot, my gun was spot on with range and accuracy but some werent taking their hits and that did piss me off. Firstly whats the point in playing if you dont play properly plus you improve if you take the hit and learn from your mistake! Well same as you Kerby, I shot people on semi (no hit called) then let rip with full auto :rolleyes: possibly the wrong thing do but what else?!

It was a great day and made some friends (ahhhh). There's talk of 'The Mall' on the 20th and 'Copehill' :D so I'm looking forward to those!

Got a nice pistolla kill too with my G26 (thanks monty for the sale on that lol ;) )

Someone kindly lent me a camo shirt and hat, oh a mesh goggles as mine steamed up, but my vest was a god send ( :wub: ) so maybe look to get one of those or similar like n1ckh said.

Anyway glad you enjoyed it... what was your primary?

Haha guys I've got my loadout, once pica from Sundays game are up on facebook ill post some in this thread and in the pictures from the field.

I'm currently rocking a full dpm camo set, dpm chest rig (3 double m4 pouches and 2 larger pouches) and my eye pro and shemagh...plus I wore my hand made slouch beanie as my missus gave me a skinhead on Friday and it was bloody freezing haha. I just need to buy some more mags for the m4 and then I've got everything i need aside from a decent belt and dump pouch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.