Airsoft Radios.

Undieing_Lust

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Am looking to get radios for myself and my team and am a little confused as to what to get. I think I have narrowed it down some what to the Motorola T60. I know alot of airsofters use Baofeng radios but I would rather stick with Motorola. The radio would be used in conjunction with his headset + PPT ( http://www.airsoftpeak.com/tactical-swimmer-style-headset-with-peltor-motorola-talkabout-version-black-p-1693.html ) Just want to know y'alls opinions and advice.

Am looking to get radios for myself and my team and am a little confused as to what to get. I think I have narrowed it down some what to the Motorola T60. I know alot of airsofters use Baofeng radios but I would rather stick with Motorola. The radio would be used in conjunction with his headset + PPT ( http://www.airsoftpeak.com/tactical-swimmer-style-headset-with-peltor-motorola-talkabout-version-black-p-1693.html ) Just want to know y'alls opinions and advice.

There is a thread about airsoft radios somewhere you should give it a read. Lots of good info on it.

Im selling my motorola XTR446 mate, With base charging station, £30. Might be at greenzone next week

• Supporters

Very nice. How easy is it to get after market batterys and the like?

I can't say I've tried we just got the multipack that comes with chargers, only downside is there are in banks of 2 so out of 4 radios we have 2 chargers if that makes sense.

• Supporters

People use Puxings or Baofeng as they are on VHF dont know if yours are that.

I have both puxing & baofeng and they are great. For the style headset your looking at there's also the Z Tactical with a slightly bigger earpiece which are good I have one and also have the Z Tact throat mic which is excellent.

People use Puxings or Baofeng as they are on VHF dont know if yours are that.

I have both puxing & baofeng and they are great. For the style headset your looking at there's also the Z Tactical with a slightly bigger earpiece which are good I have one and also have the Z Tact throat mic which is excellent.

I was thinking about getting the Baofeng. But after doing abit of reading on the interwebs,it seems that people are having problems with QC and breaking after a little abuse. The general consensus was to stick with the major well known brands like Motorola. and yeah they are PMR446

I've got 3 baofeng 888s radios, my team mates have the same radios and 2 sites I've been to use them aswell, I love them

3 team mates have attached to shoulder straps, knocked them a few times and still going strong, I've had them 4 months now and haven't recharged them yet but I will after the next game

I have Z-tactical earpiece and PTT permanently attached to my PC

Go with the baofeng is my reccomend radio, there cheap as cheaps (£20 for a pair) you can get different head sets for them, push to talk (PTT) units use 2 pin Kenwood ends for them

Another thing about baofeng radios, they work on higher frequencies so no opposing team can listen in

The Baofeng is a decent radio. Easy to program on your PC and the battery life is pretty good as well.

Another thing about baofeng radios, they work on higher frequencies so no opposing team can listen in

So go with the Baofang then? How are they for aftermarket parts and the like? Do all the models use the two pin?

another person / team who uses the baofeng radios. combination of the 888's and the UV-5R's

not had any issues apart from being too far apart at times.

• Supporters

I use both Baofeng and puxing. Two pin will fit both of my radios they are practically the same

• Supporters

WARNING about using BAOFENGS!

They are great little radios especially the UV5R's and the like that can be put onto digital VHF and UHF channels.

HOWEVER :- be warned there are consequences for using these radios without a licence, and OFCOM can take out procedings against those who use them improperly.

As I mentioned in a previous post about radios, the baofengs work at a minimum of 4 times the output power of the PMR446 that are available and legal for anyone to use. It does mean they have a greater range but they are not legal for the average user. You can get a set of frequencies from Ofcom which will make you compliant. It also means you need to use correct radio procedures if you want to avoid further trouble with the law.

Just because they are available easily online does not make them legal.

On a plus side there are tones of accessories for them, like extended antennas which will boost range, and battery packs, the standard one will easily last several days even with use, the extended battery pack lasted well over a week

Best radios I've used are the Toy soldier PRC 148's really expensive for a radio but work really well

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.