G&P M63A1 Bipod

Esoterick

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've just bought a G&P M63A1 RAS version. The only issue I have is I could do with a bipod and have no idea what the best option is.

The two main contenders seem to be:

A rail mount which shouldn't be an issue fitting wise, but may, at least in my head sit a bit too close to the centre of the gun to pivot cleanly without overbalancing

or

A barrel mount although there seems to be a few variants kicking about, I am also not sure if it will have enough clearance to mount like in this picture

Stoner63lmg-2.jpg

Can anyone recommend a decent solution for me to use? I'm preferably looking for something that won't block the rear half of the RAS when folded so the gun can still be held comfortably.

It reminds me of those Galil ARM bipods that attach at the front. Could get one of those and do some DIY modding.

On the other hand, you can get one of those AK bipods that clamp onto the barrel, or in fact, any bipod that clamps onto the barrel.

• Supporters

I wouldn't get a barrel clamped one, I'd imagine after a while the weight on the barrel might distort it a little.

I'd be looking to clamp it on whatever the bottom barrel is called not the actual barrel. You reckon it could still be an issue? I was mainly thinking about the clamp clearing the gap between the two to be honest.

Failing that I will just get rail mount version.

That bottom rail looks to be the gas cylinder to cock the weapon

A barrel mounted bipod ain't to bad, my sons M4 has one so they can put down covering fire when called for

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.