Sign in to follow this  
wolfairsoft

broken vsr 11

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

hi guys my vsr 11 has stop working properly, the catch in which the bolt catches as you pull it back has worn and now doesnt hold back ,the bolt shoots back forward which obviously wont be ok. this has happened to me on another similar rifle , is there any way to repair or replace the broken part without spending a fortune or buying a new gun?

i googled it but dont believe this is the issue, the bolt doesnt stay back when pulled back because the catch doesnt hold it as its worn down so the spring pressure isnt caught it just pulls the bolt back forward

It sounds most likely to be the piston sear, pull it apart and look for wear on both the piston and trigger sears and make sure the piston is still in good condition.

The sears are made of cheese and is common for them to fail.

i googled it but dont believe this is the issue, the bolt doesnt stay back when pulled back because the catch doesnt hold it as its worn down so the spring pressure isnt caught it just pulls the bolt back forward

That's slam firing, new sears should sort it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.