New cyma AK (CM.5##)

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is the description on taiwangun

"Replica of a new series of low-budget rifles one of the most popular Chinese manufacturers in the world - CYMA. The rifle offers the same things as the other products of that manufacturer (metal gearbox and other mechanical parts), but thanks to the use of high-quality plastic in place of elements made of metal (eg. body, handguard, front/rear sights, buffer tube, flash hider, magazine) allowed reduced the price. Now, every beginner will be able to afford to buy their favorite rifle and start the adventure with ASG with reliable replica for lower price.

Parts used in mechanism of the replica:
* metal gearbox shell
* cylinder type 1
* reinforced piston with an aluminum sleeve inside resulting in increased power of shot (greater compression of the spring)
* reinforced nylon piston and cylinder head
* reinforced steel slide bearings 7 mm
* M120 spring
* steel gears set
* nylon spring guide

Set includes:
* replica with 12 month warranty
* 200rd Hi-Cap magazine
* 8,4V 1200mAh battery with charger"

which makes it sound like they are plastic 048 (VFC) clones as the 028 (TM ) already have plastic body and handguard.. here's two pics

9c32d3f716bcdc3189dbcfae9777714e42889739

0b23325c015e663716f3cdde1d1b7a41645a4000

Apart from the slightly modified battery tray, that looks preeeeeetty much like a 028 (TM ), right??

so should one expect a 028 with a plastic front and top cover? is there a standard cm02 v3 gearbox in there or have they compromised on that as well?

Thoughts in general?

• Supporters

99.9999999999999999% sure it is a cheaper budget oem cyma with a few more corners cut off

Gunfire been selling them for ages (and cheaper) as the brand Spartac in this case SRT-13 = cheap cyma 028c

SRT-08 is a cheap cyma 028a

plastic charging handle & battery/top cover

bear in mind that TWG were doing the proper 28 cyma's much cheaper in summer in which case there was not

a great saving over cheap spartac/cyma 5xx coz to replace a few cheap plastic bits would cost you what you had saved

now things at TWG are not so cheap but these cheaper or oem cyma's have been around a while and cheaper

and be bought for about £60 delivered

well it was 68:44 Euros - have to buy a bolt or something else to get free ship on 69 Euro+

(say 70 Euro + another 2:50 paypal fee = 72:50 del or about £57 but offer ended now)

• Supporters

yeah was looking at that cheap 508 sort of 416 type M4 since them bastids shoved up the price of Dboys 416 from 165 to 180 Euro

only thing holding me back was cyma M4's are not thought as highly as their AK's

Then GF have the 416 BI-8001 on offer now which is about £125 - crap crane stock but would change it to stubby

yeah spring change which is free at both places now - I would change it when tweaking aoe etc but gotta resist buying more stuff

its not just AK's, just had a look on taiwangun, there is 3 M4 varients in the new CM.5## range

cm.507 £63.47 (exc delivery)

CM.506 £63.47 (exc delivery)

CM.508 £65.52 (exc delivery)

hmmn.. not personally too concerned with the ARs, their standard ARs are suppose to be not worth it. good to know thou :) even if I guess I wont be recommending their budget ones to anyone either ^^

• Supporters

so should one expect a 028 with a plastic front and top cover? is there a standard cm02 v3 gearbox in there or have they compromised on that as well?

Thoughts in general?

it has cm02 on motor frame (well spartac has when I last looked) and appears to be same box with bearings as 28

thing is parts wise we couldn't build something for that so if an old ak is looking tired & needing refurb

or want to change a classic plastic wood to tactical looking one & maybe new box it could be worth considering

I know loads of us have bought a LOT worse first gun for a LOT more....

it is a cheapo gun but at least you are getting better value plus if it does break up a bit you can use it for parts

(yeah try seeing what bits you can use from a B500A1 pile of crap)

• Supporters

i must admit i am tempted by the 508 ... you never know, it might be a good'un B)

does look tempting for about £75 - £76 inc delivery

looks a lot more expensive from first glance and if I didn't have so many M4's

I reckon I would get one (or two) coz it would be worth taking a gamble for a nice looking gun like that

• Supporters

think most have 1yr on aeg's - 6 months on spring/bolt snipers & shotguns

tbh if it did go tits up it wouldn't be too bad to fix unless the plastic externals snapped

(doubt it unless you are a clumsy clot, so if it wasn't too bad or loud bang I wouldn't bother shipping it back)

to me it is a gamble on buying from these sites at discount prices but yeah you could ship it back if needed

don't mean gamble as in taking a chance - but it just part of the course that it ain't a local shop to pop back to

then again I suppose it would cost a little to shipaeg back to zero one or lwa etc.....

usually buyer has to pay return postage so if something small needs fixing

it might be cheaper/quicker to sort it yourself is what I was meaning

the srt-13 is a cheapo 28c which is a plastic recevier 039c so it should fit a 39c rail cover on it

I have one of those mounts and I see no reason why it wouldn't fit on like 39c

but think battery hassle would make me want to fit a black crane stock for rear wired battery

AK with M4 adjustable crane stock ??? (Ian would hate it - yeah might be a fun project to do :))

just learned the cyma 040i has a crane stock with nunchuck battery at rear

kinda much more longer railed tactical front end + rear crane battery

I might do a cheapo plastic 39c type with the 40i ar$e end on it

(hate them long stick batteries in top cover - besides that is plastic on srt-13 so would break real quick too)

would look a bit odd - just like moi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.