Upgrading my rifle

Kommandant_Epicness

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

battery will not give it any more range, neither will motor. About the only thing I can think you'll poss be able to do to improve range/accuracy is upgrade the inner barrel and hop bucking (does it have adjustable hop?) if it is compatible with AEG parts. You may find that everything in it is not upgradable unfortunately. I'd not try upgrading anything from the hop unit back though as it will increase wear rapidly and poss not last very long at all.

battery will not give it any more range, neither will motor. About the only thing I can think you'll poss be able to do to improve range/accuracy is upgrade the inner barrel and hop bucking (does it have adjustable hop?) if it is compatible with AEG parts. You may find that everything in it is not upgradable unfortunately. I'd not try upgrading anything from the hop unit back though as it will increase wear rapidly and poss not last very long at all.

Okay, thanks. And yes, it does have an adjustable hop.

you may find a better quality inner barrel that fits then, poss madbull 6.03mm TBB, are you able to remove the inner barrel without breaking the gun?

The things you've mentioned in your post are external modifications, not upgrades. The airsoft definition for an upgrade is, in short, a better than standard internal part used to replace standard internal parts. Batteries are just consumables that have an effect on rate of fire.

As Bulldog shorty M4 AEGs (and almost all low-end guns) cannot be easily upgraded, I would suggest saving your money for a better AEG (over £130 RRP at least) until your current gun breaks.

If your mum says you have to use it make do with it just now just keep it. Goto some games with it and use and abuse it. The good thing about having a cheap gun if it dies it's not a huge loss. It might last until you get UKARA membership and you can buy a RIF. If you took the stock off it would look quite a cool SMG

If your mum says you have to use it make do with it just now just keep it. Goto some games with it and use and abuse it. The good thing about having a cheap gun if it dies it's not a huge loss. It might last until you get UKARA membership and you can buy a RIF. If you took the stock off it would look quite a cool SMG

Seems that way, thanks for your help!

What you could do, is get some upgrades which will still be usable for when (note when, not if) it breaks, because it almost certainly will break sooner rather than later. So don't waste money on trying to tart it up internally, just use its capabilities to best advantage, by doing the following, none of which will be a false economy...

So, a decent sight will be usable on a new gun just as much as it will on that thing, a decent three-point sling will too, as will a tactical light and a tactical front foregrip, none of these items need to cost too much money, none require a UKARA, and all will easily be usable on a new gun when you get hold of one. All will at least make the gun a bit more usable, i.e. you can spend some time zeroing the sight in, to shoot more accurately, a three point sling will allow you to get it into your shoulder quicker and make it less of a pain in the ass to carry, a tac light is useful for indoor CQB, whatever gun you happen to be using, and a tactical foregrip will improve your accuracy and speed up you acquisition of targets, and you can put the thumb switch for the tac light onto it with some gaffer tape.

• Supporters

Got one of them but really really really don't spend a penny on it

it can only really be used for indoor cqb as with .2's it will only hit up to 75ft @ 240fps

sure you can use lighter .12g bb's but though your fps will hit say 300 them bb's will be anywhere but on target with a slight "fart" of wind

even if them lighter bb's hit target at 100ft I doubt if people would call it

The receiver or shell is in 2 halves - the flash hider is glued on - even if you manage to open her up ok

it is not designed to be taken apart again and again and again as cheap small screws will strip

you can use slightly thicker screws at a push - but again this gun is not designed to be pulled apart too much

The "kind of" v2 gearbox is all plastic clear casing using plastic gears with a motor that has little grunt in it pulling back say a M70 spring

any upgrades like a M100 spring may strip the plastic gears

If you shove a bigger voltage battery on there above 8.6v you will quickly smash hell out of gearbox

(youtube a plastic box Vs 11.1v lipo - very quickly bits just snap/fly off)

you might be able to fit a proper metal gearbox and motor in there but the pistol grip is part of the 2 halves plasting casting

so would have to fit a proper pistol grip to metal box then carefully cut away the grip cast into receiver halves

(a bit of messing around and still could be full of other headaches so really only for bored clever techy's out there with time on their hands)

A g36 or AK might be easier coz it would fit a proper v3 gearbox with frame for motor but your/my gun won't accept a proper pistol grip without more work like above....

soz for ott but really really not worth it........

you "could" scrape by at a cqb site or use for back garden plinking (as long as garden isn't too long )

(you could also enter the tour de france on a single speed kiddy bike but would be hard work)

probably bought a shop with "BB" in their name but it is ok for what it is - a very basic cheap low power bb gun

which is bought as a first gun by unknowing peeps to test the water so to speak

Alas you need to spend say a min of £100 and carefully to get a semi-decent AEG to take to a skirmish site

(there are a few just £100 under but in general they probably won't be as good as the ones in the next price bracket)

Oh and if you try to use most other M4 mags in there it will be very tight fit indeed - that is mildly put but a bang they will go in

It ain't a complete pile of pooh - buy a 2/3rd replica with AAA batteries - now that is pi$$ poor performance

(got one of those a few years back and put me off airsoft it was so crap)

the B500A1 was better and got me interested but I soon learned it was way below par out in the field

Yes you will get laughed at from others with £500 guns and pistols that cost twice as much as your gun

but sooner or later their guns crap out on them too so you may get a rare chance to smile if yours is still going

use it until it breaks but don't spend a penny on it - save up for the next level of guns and you won't look back

• Supporters

I will sound like a real dick but if your mother doesn't buy you a better one, try to get a job, and earn the money yourself. (I did say I will sound like a dick. :) ) I remember the sweet sweet feeling of buying the long wanted thing from my first earning.

Break it on purpose, say you got the use out of it, buy a G&G/ICS.

It's not what you want to here but there's no point spending anything on this.

It would be funny seeing someone that's spent hundreds on a gun and is all multicamed up get repeatedly owned from this monster :D he should just run about and have a laugh with it.

looks like a B500A1, or one in the same range, which i can confirm from personal experience would require you to saw the flash-hider off, same again for the stock pole. inside it's all cheap plastic, but it's balanced as it's all cheap plastic. As others have said, any upgrades is pointless, as you'll have to do the whole thing or you'll have an imbalanced gun that will tear itself apart very quickly. upgrading all it's internals is more expensive than just buying a new better gun anyways

It'll do you fine for CQB, and no doubt provide much pleasure when hitting people wearing/using about £1k of equipment. you might get picked off at range abit in woodland sites, but you have to remember it's only firing a plastic ball at people and the difference between airsoft guns is largely academic compared to the difference in how you use one (pointing it in the right direction etc hehe)

Guess you're best off sticking with it until your parents are convinced you're dedicated enough to the hobby to merit another gun.

If your mum won't let you have another till this one breaks, you could try putting an 11.1v lipo in it?

Just be sure to make a video of it firing and post it here. We could do a sweepstake on how long it will go for.

• Supporters

aprox 10 seconds max - 30secs plus is a miracle

already did it to a similar gun on 11.1v lipo

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/%28%28not-working%29%29-D-Boy-Full-size-M4A1-Carbine-Fully-Automatic-BBgun.html

removed bits, got out plastic box with its powerful dildo motor attached, connected a lipo up to it

just "tested" it to see why it didn't work - it did work but not for long

and another thing - never use lipo's on "other" toys around the house

mrs duck had a smile on her face for weeks but that is another story

Didn't know they made 'other toys' that could take lipos unless they started making them in the same shape duck lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.