Rep your pouches...

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have ordered my PC and now need to cover it in bit of material to hold stuff in... But there are far too many options and price ranges. Looked at Military 1st and clocked up more than 100 quid on pouches before I had finished, shed a little tear and clicked the little X in the top right hand corner to save myself.

I need some pouches, admin, grenade, dump, pistol mag, holster, M4 Mag (Preferable a triple stacker) and maybe one or two for general bits and bobs. Would like them in OD if poss and would like them to match ideally.

I was wondering (apart from Viper) what brands are generally thought of as robust and good value without breaking the bank or any brands which are slightly more expensive but look the part.

What do YOU use??

Thx :)

Helicon make sturdy pouches and do a variety of colour schemes, I'd avoid Viper as the quality of their kit varies from ok to utter crap.
I prefer my pistols to be properly secured and generally use Fobus holsters which are real steel so a bit pricey.
A double stack M4 mag pouch will probs also be capable of taking 3 MP5 mags, worth thinking about if you still have the MP5.

• Supporters

I have used MilTec stuff and it's alright. Helikon is better made and not that much pricier but I now only have Warrior pouches. Look at the sale section of UKtactical as they have some good deals on pouches that can be cheaper than buying Condor etc anyway!

For example: http://www.uktactical.com/p-8892-warrior-double-pistol-pouch-olive-drab.aspx double pistol mag pouch in OD, £3.95 with free shipping!

Worth having a good long think about what you ACTUALLY need too. Too easy to just be "I'll have one of those, two of those...oooo! 40mm pouches!" and end up spending a fortune on pouches you don't actually need! For example I have an Admin pouch on my chest rig that basically sits there and looks nice. Pointless (granted it came with the rig but still).

Probably an obvious question, but as I dont have any to look at I dont know the answer....

In theory could I put a Molle pouch onto another molle pouch if it has straps on the front? to create a double stacker..

Cool, I assumed so. Was thinking of sticking in on the side panels as I figured it would stick out a lot. but generally want the front clear as I lay down a lot and dont want too much on the front flapping about.

Warrior Assault Systems. Also four Blackhawk STRIKE mag shingles which were apparently from Afghan (damaged and dusty enough) Work brilliantly though except I don't have any other tan gear, just can't bring myself to get rid of them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.