Vfc hk416 upgrades

Ushers99

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Bought a VFC HK416 a few mo the back and it's a lovely gun but decided to make a few upgrades which pro airsoft supplies kindly facilitated! Had the hop changed, new gears plus shimming and also a new motor? I'm quite impressed with the trigger reaponse now and a little better range and accuracy but what else can be done now to improve even more? I know the barrel can be but is that going to make much difference?

Thanks

Jon

Putting in a tightbore barrel will help if you want accuracy and groupings. It may also increase fps slightly.

What exactly are you trying to acheive? It sounds like you already have a good setup!

• Supporters

There are soooo many upgrades you could throw at it. Whether or not you should of course is another matter. for instance - what is the spread at your most likely used range? If it's less than the size of your hand do you actually need to risk upsetting your FPS by fitting a tight bore barrel? What is the variance on your FPS? If it's not much then do you want to rip the gearbox apart to fit new cylinder head/piston head/nozzle/AoE for the sake of a couple of FPS?

I'd have to agree with the above. If its shooting well why change it? With AEGs you soon start to get into diminishing returns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.