SRC MP5 UPGRADES

Robbi3b

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What upgrades and attachments do you need?

Depends if you want to upgrade the accuracy / rate of fire / range etc what parts you will want to buy.

I don't think it will have Picatinny rails so in terms of attachments I guess your choice is a bit limited.

I would get a scope rail like this http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-bipod-mount/asg-aeg-mount-mp5-g3.htm#.VL1ixEesWPs so you can attach an optic.

Another MP5 specific attachment would be the handguards with integrated flashlights (better than having to tape one on or something) There's one on Patrol Base for £12 but obviously since it is very cheap I don't think it will be worth spending your money on.

MAG magazines are good if you want some extra ones and probably the best price because you can buy a pack of eight from eHobby Asia for £40 including shipping (or they should be about £60 delivered over here)

Upgrade wise, MP5's are a bit limited. Externally you can go a bit more crazy. a rail for optics and some sort of red dot sight would be the 1st thing I would do. The cheap flashlight hand guard's do the job, they aren't fancy but in CQB they will light up the dark spaces and dazzle your target a bit, they also have a pressure pad without all the ugly visible wiring that non-MP5 users tend to have. The downside if it's the same as mine, is that it comes with a thin glass lens. All I did was cut 3 circles the same size out of the packaging it came in and fitted them instead of the glass. It makes a loud bang when hit due to the air trapped between the layers but it survives the hit.

If you have a fixed stock and do CQB, consider a collapsible stock and wire it for a battery in the front handgrip.

You can get fancy rails etc. I tend to think the MP5 looks better without extra stuff strapped to it, the torch hand grip doesn't count as the torch is built into the hand guard.

• Supporters

It's worth noting that Src mp5s are different sizes to other makes in some areas which may make fitting other brand parts on them difficult. I don't know specifics other than the mag well is definitley closer to the real steel spec.

Something to do a bit if research on before buying

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.