Lower fps

Lt Earholes

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have got a G&G combat machine, my chrono reads, when testing :

1st 351fps, 2nd 352fps, 3rd 350.7fps, 4th 350.1fps, 5th 348.8fps.

That's on .20 G&G bbs.

Just tested on some blaster .20 bbs and the fps hovers around the 344 mark.

Just wondering if this would be to hot for a CQB site?

I am going to start playing at The Towers and there FPS limit is 350 on .20

If so what would you guys recommend for lowering the fps?

I have thought of a spring change, just not confident of taking my gun fully apart yet.

I think you may be ok. I will stand corrected, by those of infinitely more experience than I, that most sites say 350 plus a bit. I use two CM's (M4 carbine and RK47) both are ok at my site. 1 or 2 fps shouldn't make that much of a problem for you.

Is it a new gun? Most tend to need running in with a few hundred rounds before the spring settles. Also the fps limit for the towers is 328 (like most F&O sites) with an allowance of up to 350. Over that and they won't let you run it at all.

Stock G&G rifles tend to settle around the 330 fps mark. It may just be the BBs you used initially - if so I'd stick with the Blasters. If you're REALLY concerned then get a tech to drop a 90 or 100 spring in it.

P.s. Take some pyro if you're heading to the towers. If you don't have it you'll get slaughtered. I'd even say drop the rifle and run just a good pistol at that site! Very close quarters.

My bad, just read your post again, missed the cqb bit. Sorry. Not sure about them. Over to the cqb guys.

I reckon that'll be okay. As you say, it's staying under 350 on Blasters, so just stick with them and you'll be fine, it'll probably drop to 330ish after you've stuck a few mag's worth through it anyway, and you may find that it will drop more if you faff about with the hop up setting, since hop up tends to slow the fps but lengthen the range, because of the contact it makes with the BB when inducing backspin.

As Happy said, for CQB you'll be more capable with a pistol alongside your rifle, so if you take one, then make sure it is one that's easy to get in and out of a holster (or at a push, a pocket of some combat pants). Before you go, get into all your gear and arrange it so that your rifle sling is not in the way of drawing a pistol, because you will need to switch weapons quickly at times. If you don't have a fancy pistol, even a 20 quid springer is better than no pistol at all when doing CQB. I've actually had quite a few CQB kills with a springer pistol and I do in fact usually have one on my loudout despite having some fancy electric and gas blowback pistols. I know I'm not the only one to do so either, because the one thing you can say about springers, is that they are so simple internally, they likely won't fail you at an awkward moment.

When I got my G&G GC16 last month it was shooting on average at 360 fps (tested on 0.2s at my local RFD). I was slightly worried before my skirmish as it would be over the site limit, however luckily it settled down and it now shoots at around 330 fps on 0.2s. Like others have said above, I think G&G guns take a while to settle down and after a thousand or so shots you should notice a very slight drop in the fps, so you should be ok. :)

Yeah the gun is brand new.

So if the limit is 328 I would still be able to use it as long as none of the shots go over 350?

Would a good idea be to get home from work everyday and rattle threw a few 100 rounds ? Do it for a week and see what it's dropped to?

I haven't got enough room to really sort out the hop up, was planning on doing it the first time I take it out.

Been looking at a pistol to take incase they say I can't use the m4.

Problem being I haven't got UKARA and the pistol I want would look like crap in bright blue or green :(

http://www.airsoftworld.net/cybergun-fnx-45-tactical-gbb-gbb-airsoft-pistol-with-full-trades.html

Only a fiver for two tone, just would look crap.

Yeah 350 is the dead on limit. The strictness of them sticking to it depends on the marshal running the chrono. I've used a new gun there that was hitting 351 but since it was a new gun they allowed it - obviously that might not happen for you.

If you've got the space/ammo to run through then it's worth a shot (bad pun!) but there's no guarantee it will settle in time.

With regard to the pistol, I'd wait a bit and get the UKARA if you're worried about it being two tone. Another option is to get a rental gun for the day which defies the point of having your own rifle. Or buy a cheap spring shotgun - they work great at this site due to its tiny engagement distances.

Personally I think your G&G will be fine. Just put the hop up a smudge and run the Blasters in it. I don't head to the towers that often (even though it's my closest site - MAW in Melton Mowbray is more my style of play) otherwise I'd loan you my back up rifle if I was going.

Cheers for the offer :)

I think I've got some time till I go, as I'm trying to get my dad and my brother in-law involved, as they like the sound of it all.

It's just getting it all organised, when all 3 of us have got the same free time.

To be honest I'll just try shooting abit and see.

Would it be best to just shoot it in semi or rattle off a mag in full to help settle the spring?

Ill keep my eyes out for anything good for a sidearm while I do all this.

After using all 1000 G&G BB's, I got the chrono back out and tested on my Blaster .20's.

My gun is now hovering around the 340 mark.

After watching a few videos on youtube about changing the spring, I have thus decided to buy an m90 spring.

According to airsoft world, the one I brought would bring the gun down to about 310-320

I have herd that part of The Towers is now being demolished? Does anyone know how long it's going to still be open, before they demolish the lot?

Need to hurry and get all my gear, so I can go before it's gone :/

• 2 weeks later...

The towers is very good and as said superb for pistol and shotgun(I just bought all black loadout for shotguns).

I will be there next month hopefully and you are welcome to run with me if you want to.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.