Best all-round outdoor AEG?

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I already have a TM HK416 I use for CQB and I'm looking to get something with longer range and higher fps for outdoors.

Not on a budget but will not spend £1K+ on any non-firearm.

In terms of quality and outdoor performance what are the top AEGs out there (other than TM)?

Also, is it worth buying an AEG with good externals then fully modify the internals instead?

@Lozart, haven't tried the TM outdoors yet but have heard the samething you just stated. Was told heavier bb and adjusted hop-up would be just fine.

@M_P, didn't say anything about struggling.

Is there really no difference between 300fps vs 450fps in terms of performance and range?

Looking for an excuse to buy another AEG really.

• Supporters

There is a difference in range but at 450 you won't be allowed full auto and you will have a minimum engagement distance of about 30m. Best just to keep it 350 (or your site's limit) and under really. Saves replacing and strengthening other parts of it too.

By all means get another, I was assuming you had shot it and weren't getting the performance you wanted.

@M_P, No, I'm very happy with the TM. Wish they had a bit more kick to them is all and wanted to get another rifle for an outdoor loadout etc.

I've also been told many times its best to leave TM internals stock as they don't like being fiddled with.

Thought it would be easier and better to have one rifle for CQB and one for outdoors.

The 450fps was just an example. Looking to realistically get 370-390fps and medium to long range. Almost a DMR but not quite a DMR in terms of rifle length etc.

• Supporters

There will be a difference in range between 300 FPS and 450 FPS but 450 is into bolt action sniper rifle territory. Unless you have your gearbox limited mechanically to semi only I doubt any site would entertain you going that high with an AEG.

If you do want to go DMR why not look at a completely different kind of gun? M14/SR25/SVD?

There will be a difference in range between 300 FPS and 450 FPS but 450 is into bolt action sniper rifle territory. Unless you have your gearbox limited mechanically to semi only I doubt any site would entertain you going that high with an AEG.

If you do want to go DMR why not look at a completely different kind of gun? M14/SR25/SVD?

Looked into going full DMR but wanted more flexibility.

I've recently been looking at the Beretta ARX 160 Elite... Something with decent range and fps but flexible.

The realistic fps would be 370-390 or as close to 400 as possible. Also wanted the full assault rifle look. A full on outdoor only AEG.

• Supporters

Looked into going full DMR but wanted more flexibility.

I've recently been looking at the Beretta ARX 160 Elite... Something with decent range and fps but flexible.

The realistic fps would be 370-390 or as close to 400 as possible. Also wanted the full assault rifle look. A full on outdoor only AEG.

As M_P says you need to check what regulations your chosen site has in place for auto capable assault rifles. Chances are you'll not be allowed anything over 350FPS. That said you could still get the gun as close to the limit as possible and while you're at it improve the range/accuracy.

if you do want to get a more powerful AEG and like the recoil, try the RM4 ERGs, OTB mine was about 370 but once the spring bed in it was pretty much bang on 350 with the hop dialled in. Great range and accuracy and has recoil too! :D

if you do want to get a more powerful AEG and like the recoil, try the RM4 ERGs, OTB mine was about 370 but once the spring bed in it was pretty much bang on 350 with the hop dialled in. Great range and accuracy and has recoil too! :D

Funny enough I was just looking at the RM4! Seems like a really good option.

Another vote for the RM4, if you don't like the MAgpul Body hopefully the Milspec Version will be out soon. There's also a Recoil Masada coming in a few months.

Another vote for the RM4, if you don't like the MAgpul Body hopefully the Milspec Version will be out soon. There's also a Recoil Masada coming in a few months.

Saw a pic of your RM4.... very nice!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.