shot counter

Colonel Kurtz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i'd like to build a shot counter in to an AEG, can't see any available from any uk airsoft stores...

As I lack the electronics knowledge to build my own from scratch, I'm considering buying a step counter and trying to adapt it.

Anyone got an experience with making a shot counter and can offer any instruction?

• Supporters

There's one in the new HALO assault rifle. I believe it works in a similar way to a tracer in that it has a break beam sensor in the barrel which is then used to count the BBs as they leave the gun. I very much doubt you could modify a step counter to your purpose if you lack the electronics skill to make one from scratch to be honest (not trying to be rude). Maybe have an ask around and see if you know anyone that could build one for you.

• Supporters

xortech make one, it's a combination of tracer/silencer/peq box that has loads of functions, one of which is counting shots!

ooo yeah, forgot about that! Not cheap mind... http://www.helmetworld.co.uk/airsoft-xcortech-x3300w-tracer-unit-torch-bbs-chronograph-mosfet-all-in-1-black-37270-p.asp

• Supporters

Wasnt there something on here a while ago about an app for your phone that done this?

Yeah, uses the microphone to read the noise your gun makes. Fine if you don't mind strapping £500 worth of smartphone to the side of your gun.

Indeed Lozart, I probably wouldn't have much sucess modifying a step counter. I went for the xcortech x3300w in the end, bought it from helmet world on ebay for £109 which is a good chunk less than their listed price, and still 10-20 less than most others.

I'm planning on building the PEQ unit into the bodykit of the gun i'm constructing. Got a fair bit of room, only bit of electronics i'll have to prob do is extending the battery connection

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.