help with standard spring ??

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As many will know, I've got a G&G cm16 raider (the CQB version)

After leaving some nice ridges in the piston teeth, I'm upgrading to SHS steel teeth piston, cylinder head & o-ring nozzle. At best it was shooting around 330 FPS when standard

Does anyone know what the standard factory spring is please ?? As I may need to downgrade to a possible M90 spring

Nick

• Supporters

Are you sure it didn't have a downgraded spring to start with?

I'd go with the M90 and be done with it. Bear in mind though that not all M90 springs are created equal...

Honestly Loz, I dont know, I dont think it would've had a downgraded spring ?? I've put the new piston etc in my M4 and can see a difference already

A few people have said an M90 spring so if I go to a game this weekend I'll chrono it and see what its putting out

I've got to change the spring in my G36C aswell so I'll get 2x M90 springs

• Supporters

I have M90 springs in pretty much all my guns (granted that's because the Mall limit is quite low). If you've got a decent airseal you should easily see 330FPS.

While I was replacing the piston with a new one with steel teeth, I replaced the cylinder head with SHS double o-ring head and shs o-ring nozzle so I've got a feeling I may be over the 350fps site limit, my mate reckons its a m100 spring in the gear box

IvI've got an m100 in my g36c and that chrono'd at 360fps but needs to be broken in

• Supporters

Yeah, I'd definitely go with an M90.

Did you do an AoE correction on the CM16? If not a full steel toothed piston could do you more harm than good.

Yes, I've done the AOE correction, I used the pad from my old cylinder head (wasn't stuck down very well) roughed up both surfaces of both pads and glued them together and I'm ordering the new springs tomorrow :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.