Newcommer from Witney

jedo75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi you all guys,

I am a newcommer in UK airsoft, not that I haven't played airsoft, but new in this grounds. I have almost 10 years of experience in playing, just moved in UK from Slovenia. I am looking for a club to get in in surroundings but my searches were unsuccessful. And of course here U have UKARA, so no equipment, since I flew in. Will get some gear shipped in (camo, vest, mags etc) but have to wait for a buy me a RIF Is here anyone near Witney that plays somewhere in surroundings? Can you guys give me some directions??

Thank you,

Borut

Adam, yes it is kinda popular in Slovenia and indeed is a nice country, but you know we gotta earn our money and I got a really nice job here, so I had to move over. There is alot of clubs or maybe too many of them and are all small ones up to 30 people, so we basicly have reall small fights up to 20 people, more 5-10 than 20 ;=). And some of them have ridiculous rules like 400+ full auto etc.. I am more an 1J or top 1.2J type of guy and into HC airsoft stuff since I was police officer for 19y ;). I usually play LARP and LRRP not CTF or that kind of wierd running stuff, more TactiCool things and of course alot of teamplay. So looking for that kind of Airsoft if you know what I mean.

Chock and Russe11 thank you for links, I found that already but is bit frustrating for me since I am still by foot :/ will get me wheels in near future. So I was really wondering if there are members from Witney. Hard to get with all Tac gear on a bus ;). but still there is some time to go because I must first settle my kids in school etc. And get some gear overseas. Maybe I will be ready end of feb. to go out.

Thank you all for replys though.

Borut

• Supporters

Blue streak (= badger tac) is a good place. Not a milsim/tactical one but still better than the paintball-style airsofting that is common here. You have to look very hard to find a game in the UK where there is no lunch. :) These guys are ok, and funny too. Usually there are about 50-60 players.

Hi Samurai,

I've send them an email, but no response yet...

Umm, what kinda Airsoft do you play arround here then. We were pretty much in hard core style playing alot of Milsim alot of tactics and drilling ;) also alot of movement trough the woods, did approx 5-10 miles a fight etc.??

B.

• Supporters
Umm, what kinda Airsoft do you play arround here then. We were pretty much in hard core style playing alot of Milsim alot of tactics and drilling ;) also alot of movement trough the woods, did approx 5-10 miles a fight etc.??

I wish.

I myself am pretty new around here so I'm sure there are a lot of games I don't I know about. The skirmishes here are mostly half an hour of shooting and half an hour of chatting in the safe zone. The objectives usually ensure one side will loose, then in the next round the sides change, and the faster one "wins".

The milsim labelled events are a bit closer to what you describe. I was once at Eversley (http://milsimairsoft.co.uk) on a milsim event, and that was quite fine. Unfortunately there were only 8 of us alltogether.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.