custom made wood for my SVD

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just took delivery of the custom made wooden furniture for my SVD. Its made from iroko hardwood and fits perfectly. Tomorrow I'll buy the amber shellac which I'll coat it with. Its kinda nice that it is two slightly different shades also, will make it more authentic in the end (as though different bits have been added throughout the years) :)

so many thanks to my mate who made it :)

20150117_181958.jpg

20150117_182037.jpg

20150117_182058.jpg

Looking nice. Just need a PSO now :D

I had a cheap PSO and didn't like it (crap optics), so got this scope. One day I'll get a decent PSO :) may be when I can afford a Real Sword SVD haha

Looks great! Has the person who made it for you done this before or did they base the work on the original furniture?

He based it on the original plastic furniture. I just need to get the old sling bar out of the old set and put it in the new set

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.