M203 grenade problem ... I think

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, this is something new for me and I need help.

When I filled them with bb's and tip them downwards as I would when they are in my pistol launcher, all of the bb's fall out.

I have the grenades with the small multiple holes in the head(moscart?)

Can someone help please?

Atb

Andy

You need to push the BBs down below the rubber O-ring to prevent them falling out. Use an AEG unjamming rod to push the BBs down.

Either that or unscrew the 2 parts of the grenade and fill it with BBs from the other end- makes it easier to fill as there is no retaining O-ring on that side to ram the BBs past.

also check that the o-ring is intact, I have bought shower shells before and its not even been fitted. It sits in the indent about 1cm from the top of the grenade:

MADBULL-SM108HP_1_mark.jpg

You can see it in this pic above.

think they range from 24 BBs to over 200, you'll get better range out of the lo-cap versions apparently. What brand did you get? The Madbull ones can use CO2 which makes them far more effective.

I took it back to the retailer and waiting for his reply.

I tried the pistol today and it's a very effective cqb tool, I tried all .2gr bb's and .2+.25gr bb's on propane and the mixed weights gave more spread so I may carry on with that.

Overall I'm very impressed by the s thunder I would highly recommend it to anyone needing a room clearance tool!

• 4 years later...
On 18/01/2015 at 19:42, ikarma70 said:

I took it back to the retailer and waiting for his reply.

I tried the pistol today and it's a very effective cqb tool, I tried all .2gr bb's and .2+.25gr bb's on propane and the mixed weights gave more spread so I may carry on with that.

Overall I'm very impressed by the s thunder I would highly recommend it to anyone needing a room clearance tool!

Which grenade shell manufacturer did you use? I recently bought an s-thunder launcher as well as one of their shells but it only allowed me to shoot once. I haven't been able to get the shell to fire a second time after refilling with green gas, bbs and a new cap. The launcher works fine as the trigger still pulls and the firing pin moves out which is why I think I have a faulty shell 😕

Trying to contact the website I purchased it off but there's been quite a few complaints about how they never get back to people about return requests so I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this issue? My first time buying a grenade launcher and it's not seeming good.

Try unscrewing the base slowly till its nearly 'open' then tighten it up again. Sometimes the 'button' can get stuck. If that doesnt work take it apart and re-assemble - be careful with the ball bearings though. Some silicon grease is useful for holding them in place. Afraid to say 40mm shells require TLC and always have more then you intend to use to avoid dissapointment. Cheers

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Jones-Effect said:

Which grenade shell manufacturer did you use? I recently bought an s-thunder launcher as well as one of their shells but it only allowed me to shoot once. I haven't been able to get the shell to fire a second time after refilling with green gas, bbs and a new cap. The launcher works fine as the trigger still pulls and the firing pin moves out which is why I think I have a faulty shell 😕

Trying to contact the website I purchased it off but there's been quite a few complaints about how they never get back to people about return requests so I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this issue? My first time buying a grenade launcher and it's not seeming good.

Don’t think you’ll get a lot of help from this guy , his post was 4yrs ago and he hasn’t been on the forum in over 2yrs ! 

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Don’t think you’ll get a lot of help from this guy , his post was 4yrs ago and he hasn’t been on the forum in over 2yrs ! 

Yeah I didn't realize till after I quoted him, I'm writing a post on my issue instead now.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Jones-Effect said:

Yeah I didn't realize till after I quoted him, I'm writing a post on my issue instead now.

Been there done it my self ! 😂😂

back on topic 😉 I do find no matter what the quality of moscarts you have , there very much like women  one minute there working like silk , the next there venting gas all over the shop , all your bbs are falling out and as far as you can remember you’ve done F**k all to them ! 😳

22 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Been there done it my self ! 😂😂

back on topic 😉 I do find no matter what the quality of moscarts you have , there very much like women  one minute there working like silk , the next there venting gas all over the shop , all your bbs are falling out and as far as you can remember you’ve done F**k all to them ! 😳

Best thing I've heard all week 😂😂😂 but is there anything I can do to fix it or is the shell a cool paperweight now? I did get it to shoot once more but I haven't been able to repeat after multiple tries again

2 hours ago, PT247 said:

I assume you are resetting it after firing it?

I am but it didn't change anything, I think I have fixed it however which I believe was caused by the two ends of the shell being screwed too tight by the manufacturer. The core was stuck to the top half rather than sitting on the spring of the bottom half. I didn't realise this was a problem as it was my first grenade but after I watched a video review of the shell I noticed his core was sitting on the spring. After I made it rest on it and made sure not to tighten it as tight as it was previously so that the core didn't get stuck to the top half. Its fired 4 times in a row now with no problems so I'm hoping it's fixed.

The first image shows what I believe should be the correct position of the core, where it sits on the spring of the bottom half, as the shell does fire like this. The second image is what the core looked like originally to me, with it stuck in the top half. I think I need to glue the core to the spring I think to stop this as I'm noticing the adhesive used on the parts of this shell is quite poor. Hopefully if anyone has a similar problem to me, they might find this post.

IMG_20190814_164006.jpg

IMG_20190814_163043.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.