ASG Ashbury Monster

Tramples

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So sold my air rifle and picked up an ASG Ashbury 2nd hand from ye old facebook. Don't suppose anyone has a manual or knows of where I can download one. Tried ASG website and got some datasheets but that doesn't really help at this point. Also minor issue of the bb's not making it out of the silencer occasionally. Probably widen it a bit or take it off and fit a 14mm silencer instead.

It probably needs a new hop I was told and I think I'll put a longer barrel in that goes to the end of the suppressor but then it won't fit in the gun bag.

• Supporters

... I think I'll put a longer barrel in that goes to the end of the suppressor but then it won't fit in the gun bag.

No need for that. A vsr g-spec has about a 30cm barrel and it's accurate as hell.

• Supporters

No need for that. A vsr g-spec has about a 30cm barrel and it's accurate as hell.

It's generally agreed upon that the optimum barrel length for Vsr systems is around 430-455mm so going a bit longer won't hurt, and it could quite likely solve the suppressor issue so worth a shot imo.

Still looking for a manual or strip down guide. On a little in house firing was getting the odd jam, probably a good greasing should fix it but been reading the magazine feeding is a bit of a fiddle so start there.

The joys of screws, found a few stripped heads so after swearing at them for a bit finally manged to remove them and loose a spring Grrrrrr. Anyway found that B&Q do a 2.5 diameter screw. Bit long but attack then end with the dremel and they fit fine. So bought a Action Army hop up unit from Airsoft World because it's VSR compatible, guess what, doesn't fit down the tube of the ashbury and the hop adjustment is on the other side of the unit so even if it did fit i'd have to drill a new hole in the body.

So just waiting for replacement springs (from ebay) to turn up and I can fix the issue where I lost the detent springs from the original hop up.....

At least it cocks properly now but still some double feeding but can't test properly yet until I fix the springs

Latest

It's WORKING

Replaced HOP UP rubber for Mad Bull Accelerator Rubber

Replaced HOP UP Screws with 2.5mm diameter screws from B&Q cut down to size

Replaced Detent springs with 9mm from ebay (lost one stretched the other)

New Magazine from Airsoft World

Just need to get it on the range and crono it.

10p grouping at 10m indoors atm

Next Jobs will be paint job, Proper scope and some flip up sights but after range and crono

• 3 months later...

It's in bits again. SO got to 1st skirmish, worked for crono, worked to zero, 1st game 3rd shot jammed. Kept jamming after that. This was 2 months ago so only now had time to dismantle again. What do I find, a BB proper stuck in the barrel which somehow seemed to catch the hop rubber and get that in the barrel as well. Barrel itself filthy after i'm guessing 100 shots. It's a tightbore barrel so i'm thinking getting an Orga widebore barrel. Anyone used one of these? £62 is a lot for a barrel but if it fixes the issue it's worth it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.