I WILL NOT KEEP CALM AND YOU CAN F*** OFF Patches

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

'Join The Buy' Time Limit Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How long shall I give other people to get on this bandwagon?

• Just until those who have already made requests have paid.
    • Put the order in on Wednesday 21st so long as there are at least 10 patches including my 2 paid for.
    • Give people until Friday the 23rd to make requests and place the order on Monday 26th for however many have been paid for by that date.
    • Leave it until Monday 2nd Feb to place the order for as many patches as have been paid for.

• Supporters

Go - on then put me down for one

heck make that two - one front & one on back for when my dumb a$$ team shoot me

(yeah I know sometimes I deserve it)

serious - you got 2 orders from moi if you get them off ground

some people may find it a little offensive perhaps - well yeah we are attacking this round ffs

but if they really find it offensive reading the patch on front - I will point them to the other one at the back

Would be a sure fire way of all meeting up at NAE - easy to identify AF-UK miserable old farts

(though don't think Dev will be sending these out to all - only grumpy bastids can apply)

• Supporters

Who would you be ordering from?

Nicky-Stitch Me Up almost certainly.

Add an order for me mate :)

Easy to remove if someone gets offended - if so they really shouldn't be airsofting though haha

I'll have one...

(Just back from the pub which might explain the belligerent attitude 😜)

• Supporters

Right then, this is the score:

Stitch_Me_Up_Patch_Quote.jpg

As of this moment, including 2 for me, I have requests for 13 patches wanted by 9 people.

Cost of delivery to me = £2.50 / 13 = £0.1923 per patch.

The cheapest envelopes I can find in a quick fleabay search are £2.29 for 15 or £0.1527 each.

Thus the cost of delivery from me to each of you:
2nd Class Signed For Letter = £1.63
+ envelope = £1.7827

So it will cost those of you who want just 1 patch £7.98 and those who want 2 patches £14.17 all in, assuming you gift the money to me by PayPal. I will provide you with my home address, landline, mobile, and email address, plus, for anyone who wants it, my eBay ID so you can inspect my 100% Positive 805 Feedback Profile as well as my feedback thread in our own Classifieds forum. If you insist then naturally I wont hold it against any of you who wish to send the money as a payment "For Goods or Services", however since this is not a sale from me to you, but rather a collaborative buying enterprise which I am organising purely because I want a couple of the patches myself, I am going to insist that you pay your own PP fees of 3.4% + 20p (putting the price for 1 patch at £8.47 and 2 patches at £14.88 - pls see enclosed screenshots of PP Fee Calculator App below).

Now that I have a definite quote I am inclined to advertise this collaborative buy on FB as well, just so that we can have a whole bunch of them made at once (bear in mind that I am going to end up paying for excess envelopes that i don't need, so even though adding greater numbers will barely dent what you lot all pay, unless we do get requests for 50+ patches, the closer the parity between people ordering and an amount of envelopes I can buy at circa/<15p each, the better it will be for me). Plus I just think it will be cool to have a whole bunch of us turn up to sites all over the UK wearing them the weekend following delivery and a whole chunk of the "Photos From The Field" thread dedicated to the hilarity which will ensue... (i type with my tongue so far into my cheek that my head is anvil shaped :lol: ). However if the majority view is that we should just crack on, or that there's a desire for exclusivity, I could only leave it until the 8 of you have got the money sent to me before placing the order with Nicky. Those of you who have made patch requests please indicate your preference by replying to the poll.

patch_quote_pp_fee_calculation_1.jpg patch_quote_pp_fee_calculation_2.jpg

N.B. I realise that I am being far more cautiously comprehensive with my language concerning this venture than is necessary just to organise a few acquaintances putting a few poxy quid together, but my experience is that things do occasionally go wrong with such collaborative efforts through no fault of any member of the group, such as suppliers letting you down, postage being clowns, 3rd party disasters which require a member of the group to pull out due to needing every last penny to bail the granny out of the Magistrates Court cells, etc... and it is only by being 100% transparent that my reputation for trustworthiness has weathered such cock ups unscathed, so if we can keep the tittering behind my back to a minimum, I'd appreciate it :P:lol:

23rd is also my next pay date. Can get the money to you before then if you drop me your PayPal details sometime.

As with the others, Ian. Let me have your PayPal address and I'll sort out the transfer.

• Supporters

OK I believe I have pm'd everyone who has asked for 1 or more patches, but if i have not pm'd you and you want 1/some please say so here or in a pm to me.

My plan is option 3 above - to place the order on 26th Jan 2015, so only those patches paid for by no later than 08:00 am on that date will be ordered. Naturally I do not intend to be a fascist about the deadline: if anyone, for whatever reason, fails to get the money to me by then and still wishes to get 1/some, I will try to amend the order with Nicky Stitch MeUp, but I have no idea whether that will be possible and I am not going to delay the whole order and make everyone else wait, unless someone was to order enough to take the whole order to 50+ units, in which case for the sake of a quid each off the price, I would ask for a vote here on whether to delay. The long and short of it however is that, chances are, if you don't pay before the deadline, you'll have to forever hold your piece*...

*I know that is the wrong homophone for the idiom, it's a poor quality joke suggesting that you would be left holding a yank pistol/Scottish sandwich/your dick while we will be holding our patches.

• Supporters

Oh yeah, and please include your AF-UK username and postage details in the PayPal email accompanying the payment.

• Supporters

OK the order so far is for 21 patches. If you have read this thread and like the idea but are humming and hahing over whether to get one, now is the time to take the bull by the balls and go for it - the deadline for payment is tomorrow 08:00am.

• Supporters

Update: the order is in and will be completed within 10-14 days, then it'll just be however long it takes for shipping to me and trans-shipping on to you. Hopefully it'll arrive on a day when i can get them enveloped up and sent on the same day, but unless it's a weekend, it will be next day at the latest.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.