Starting out guns

MR BOWDEMS XIX

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

G&G combat machine any day

If you got the money, get 2 nunchuck battery's and some mid capacity magazines aswell

Combat Machines are great! They are all polymer guns though. If you want a full metal gun, Airsoft World currently stock the metal bodied combat machine for £150 or so (may be a bit more, can't remember).

here is the link

If you want an AR / M4, yeah definitely the G&G Combat Machine. Not exactly the most unique, but can't go wrong with them!! Would be a great choice. Wish I'd got one myself rather than the shite CYMA (cost me more than a G&G would as well....)

Alternatively yeah CYMA AKs are basically the AK version of the G&G M4s I guess you could say? They're the other gun that gets recommended a lot, good value and quality.

If G36s are your thing, JG ones are tough and very reliable from what I've heard (reason why lots of sites have used them as hire guns)

Coming in at 10 quid under your budget maximum, this is a good deal, since it will get you pretty much everything you need, and you will not need a UKARA registration to buy it:

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-zone-deals/starter-pack-deal-with-cm16-m4-carbine-with-crane-stock-bright-green-aeg-gng

As you can see, you get:

1x CM16 M4 Carbine with Crane Stock (Bright Green) AEG G&G (an excellent choice for starting out, and one which will serve well for years as a back up gun if you end up buying something fancier, it even looks okay in the two tone paint job, and even if you don't like the colour, a £1.50 can of matt black primer spray paint would soon sort that out. The weapon comes with a 450 round high capacity mag, so you can get by with that alone and won't need to buy spare mags)
1x Mesh Mask Black ASG (full face protection, which you definitely want, unless you like getting teeth shot out)
1x 8.4V 1600mAh NiMh Crane Stock Battery (mini Tamiya) VP and 1x Battery Charger for 8.4V & 9.6V NiMh Batteries VP (decent battery and a charger for it, which is ok too)
1x Blaster 0.20g BBs Bottle of 3000 ASG
(decent BBs, which will not screw up your gun)

Other deals are available too if you fancy a slightly different-looking weapon:

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-zone-deals

I say it's depends on what you want to do whether it's cqb or open/woodland.

If it's cqb I would suggest a spring shotgun or a g&g/jg/Cyma.

A spring shotgun is relatively cheap, light and has the cqb range and the cartridge mags are very small to carry.

I just bought an asg franchi sas 12 shorty with 6 extra shells and an s thunder grenade pistol & 3 grenades for room clearance for less than an AEG with 2 batteries, charger and a few mags.

I would say that if you aren't that physically strong, some spring shotguns can be awkward to cock.

I've got the Jing Gong G36C, yet to skirmish it as I've put an M90 (90 m/s) spring and G&G green hop up rubber so it passes the chrono this time

My mate used it in a skirmish (as it passed chrono for him but not me) and he's bought one now and had an M90 spring put in it

Really duck, if they do then I can't find it but then again, I didn't know they were supposed to be adjustable

I wouldn't rely on anything like that anyway if I'm honest, I'd rather take mechanical tweaking any day

• Supporters

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/608-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

6th pic along shows folded stock - allen key tweak spring guide

yeah well made next to no difference when I tried it on a 365/370fps one

(back in box - another one to look at - damn list is getting long now)

The listing does state that you can adjust it from 360-380 fps but that doesn't really help the OP who wants a gun that tops out at 350. Either way a spring change would be needed.

Sorry - getting my posts confused.

Still, not many sites alllow 360+ in an AEG!

• Supporters

yeah mine is 350 - end of

if marshall sees just - and I mean just over

say 352-353 - nope I can't allow it if chrono shows over 350

(said about adjust hop to squeeze it under but gave up on hot crappy dragon)

G36c screw though - well it seemed to be hit n miss when I tried it - if it was doing much at all

but if just a teensy bit over then peeps could try leaving gun cocked overnight

if that failed to "bed in" the spring then if it still was a tiny tiny bit over then correct AOE with sorbo

that should lose a touch more (and be running better)

if still no joy or if it was way over then spring change would be needed

Only mentioned it coz it was supposed to help tweak fps a little but found it did next to FA for me

(in fact it seemed to go up slightly whatever way I turned it - didn't crank it too much but 1 turn clock & then 2 turns counter clock made FA)

getting a warm gun don't bother me too much as most could do with a check/tweak - though in my case check/break/damn it

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

Get this. Mine shoots around 330fps and it fells really well built. I'm not sure about range as I've only done cqb but it was ok the only problem was going around tight corners. The snake 2 tone looks really good aswell.

Dont buy J&G guns EVER!!!

I'd buy a sportline ICS rather than G&G, i.m.o ICS make better low-cost starter guns than G&G by a long shot.

If I was starting again I'd get one of these for under £150:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-028s?from=listing&campaign-id=20

Would ask them to downgrade the spring to around 320 fps to make it site legal. The rest of my money would be spent on batteries, mags and a sling.

+1 to anyone who said g&g combat machine. I've had mine for almost two years now and not a single problem has arisen yet (apart from when I screwed up the hop, but that was my own fault)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.