Best bbs?

jim765

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Blasters are good, Devil Blasters are better (in my experience at least).

Bulldog BBs are the work of the devil.

LiPo batteries should be kept with at least a minimum charge so yes, long term storage they shouldn't be flat. Discharging a LiPo below its minimum can damage it.

Blasters are good, Devil Blasters are better (in my experience at least).

Bulldog BBs are the work of the devil.

LiPo batteries should be kept with at least a minimum charge so yes, long term storage they shouldn't be flat. Discharging a LiPo below its minimum can damage it.

Do you know the cheapest place to buy devil blastes as I can only find normal blasters

I use BAW BBs indoors, and BioSphere outdoors (my site requires bios outdoors). Work a treat.

BULLDOGS SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS

Not sure if this means anything, but local sites have actually BANNED Blasters (not Devils) because they shatter on mesh impact. If you are playing CQB, I'd be aware of this fact

• Supporters

Do you know the cheapest place to buy devil blastes as I can only find normal blasters

I usually get mine from here: http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-accessories/ammo-and-gas/0-25-airsoft-bbs/asg-blaster-devil-0-25g-6000-bottle.html as they're local to me and reasonable price (that's for a bottle of 6000 0.25g by the way).

• Supporters

Not sure if this means anything, but local sites have actually BANNED Blasters (not Devils) because they shatter on mesh impact. If you are playing CQB, I'd be aware of this fact

Most if not all BBs can shatter on impact.

Anyway I use Blasters or Excel 0.25s, those Nuprol ones seem alright although I've only used a couple of bottles so far.

Blasters are not designed for Airsoft. They are for target shooting and crumble on impact. They can be dangerous when they hit mesh masks as they often go through the mesh. Devils I'm not sure about but blasters are banned at my CQB site for good reason. So are Bulldogs.

Blasters are not designed for Airsoft. They are for target shooting and crumble on impact. They can be dangerous when they hit mesh masks as they often go through the mesh. Devils I'm not sure about but blasters are banned at my CQB site for good reason. So are Bulldogs.

Sorry, but got to call utter BS on that one.

Also, as some one else has pointed out, all pellets can shatter on hitting mesh goggles. Should also be noted there seems to be far fewer reports of pellets splitting in the gun with blasters than the majority of other brands.

Oh and their own description

Lets not get overly dramatic, a plastic bb shattering on mesh will have lost almost all of it's energy, so it's not exactly dangerous.

I've had bb's shatter on mesh goggles before, little bit of grit got in my eye, not blinded.

Interestingly had a chat with a guy who was sourcing bb's wholesale from China, apparently there's only 4 or 5 factories which make them, so a lot of the brands will be practically identical.

• Supporters

Lets not get overly dramatic, a plastic bb shattering on mesh will have lost almost all of it's energy, so it's not exactly dangerous.

I've had bb's shatter on mesh goggles before, little bit of grit got in my eye, not blinded.

Interestingly had a chat with a guy who was sourcing bb's wholesale from China, apparently there's only 4 or 5 factories which make them, so a lot of the brands will be practically identical.

That's pretty much true. People don't like certain brands etc based on a few experiences and bad batches, in reality the majority of them are largely the same.

Oddly enough, we attend the same site. Were you playing today?

• Supporters

the only time i have seen bb's shatter is on them crappy perforated steel glasses (i was wearing the glasses, shot at point blank and i did pull a pragment of bb out of my eye), in a crappy barrel (long story), and when one clipped a sharp edge. i have never seen or had reported to me that any of my shots (i use blasters), have shattered.

lets face it all bb's can and will shatter.

i have never heard of any site banning blasters (until reading this). i could go on for days defending blasters, or i could just ask if the site sold them before the ban? if not, it could be to corner the market etc.

in any case, its the site owners rules etc.

Would be genuinely interested to know why the Bulldog Bb's are not recommended. I've been using them for some time & not had any issues, however would be open to peoples thoughts & steer as my experience within Airsoft is fairly limited

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

Would be genuinely interested to know why the Bulldog Bb's are not recommended. I've been using them for some time & not had any issues, however would be open to peoples thoughts & steer as my experience within Airsoft is fairly limited

Thanks in advance

Mainly because just bb guns sells them. They're probably just a rebrand of others to be honest but suffer from that stigma. I wouldn't personally use them to be on the safe side, I prefer to stick to tried and tested named brands but I've seen people use then without issue.

Not for me though.

I had a bottle of Bulldogs, bought on site and they were fine in my G&G, but jammed up the glock. Some are misshapen and not perfectly spherical, mis matched weights and covered in a horribly tacky release agent.

Once they have been washed they do become a bit more consistent. The release agent and hop up rubber don't interact well.

However they are reasonably serviceable if you don't expect too much of them.

[Addendum] I wil not buy any again, they were fine as a pinch, with the bog standard cm16, in a high cap where you can overkill to make up for inaccuracy, but any decent hop up unit, TBB, or if you actually want the shot to go where you aim there are much much much better options for not a lot more cash.

ASG Blasters are the minimum and BB Bastards get my money everytime now, even in my DE shotty.

I also highly rate the P&J Bios from Taiwangun.

• Supporters

Mainly because just bb guns sells them..

Yup - chubby the liar ain't getting no more money out of me though they were alright for me

BAW's .20's atm seem good all rounders - but these could be any other make for all I know

a make that works for you may not always work so well for others/guns/barrels etc....

plus some makes could better/worse on different weights & batches depending on what you get/use

Stick to main brands from good retailers or see what your site sells is best advice

if they sold $hit bb's that were pi$$ poor and jammed then peeps would soon moan about it or give them hell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.