Gear - General Enquiry

Tad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys

So my friend has just started complaining that he has all this gear but none of it is serviceable for a Skirmish day.

Firstly, he has a HFC M80 NBB pistol.

Problem with this is that the wepon itself won't fire as the BB's don't load correctly into the hop unit. The Magazine will slide in, however it releases the BB's as soon as it is home,

Secondly, through some research i've found that this can accept Greengas or Propane. He has apparently tried putting some gas in (No idea what) and since then it's not working.

Finally he has a B500A1 AEG, and I cannot tell from research just how well it will hold up in a skirmish, does anyone have experience with this thing?

Cheers!

Well, the AEG you mention is a Bulldog Justbbguns special and the pistol looks to be cheap article as well. Neither are fit for skirmishing - ok for back garden plinking, but not much else.

To a large extent "you get what you pay for" applies to airsoft guns.

Well, the AEG you mention is a Bulldog Justbbguns special and the pistol looks to be cheap article as well. Neither are fit for skirmishing - ok for back garden plinking, but not much else.

To a large extent "you get what you pay for" applies to airsoft guns.

Yeah the i understand YGWYPF, more wondering if it would be worth him using and abusing his cheap stuff until he gets his Ukara sorted out. The pistol at least looks serviceable, even if it is limited to CQB.

Problem i face is stripping this American pistol and fixing it (if possible), else I'll get him to buy a proper entry rifle.

I would advise using a rental if possible until he get UKARA then buy something decent (G&G CM or whatever). Same advice I would give to any new player. Although I understand the need to get your own kit - cheap plinkers and two-tones are a waste of time.

^ +1 with dex

Use the cheap stuff for honing your skills and target practice at different distances in the back garden, tell your mate to save up for a decent rifle and pistol (i will always recommend G&G) and just use a rental until he's ukara registered, in the meantime he can use any other kit he has (jacket, trousers etc) if he has any

AND above all......

go out, have fun and enjoy himself

You might get away with a cheap gun while getting UKARA sorted at an indoor CQB site. When you're only ever shooting people 2-10 meters away any gun will do the job. You will have a hard time with cheap guns at a woodland site.

The truth is that if they were truly serviceable weapons for skirmishing, we'd all be using those instead of spending considerably more on other stuff. You might get away with the Bulldog M4 in CQB for a while, but it is unlikely to be tough enough to withstand regular use and probably not hugely accurate at anything other than CQB ranges. The chances are it will conk out mid skirmish, and then you'd be screwed, and you can guarantee that when it does conk out, it will be at the worst possible moment, it's just inevitable.

As others have suggested, just hiring some weaponry and saving up for something decent when the UKARA comes through would be the sensible thing to do. You can get an okay M4 for about a ton, and a pistol, whilst nice, is not essential, but decent ones can be found for fifty quid or so, a lot less if you used a springer, and frankly, a springer would be better than an unreliable gas pistol. Especially at this time of year, when the cold weather makes almost all gas pistols pretty much unusable.

Cheers Guys,

I've let him know that the suggestion to play 3 and rent was not just my opinion. Hopefully he will understand that.

I've had a look at the pistol, the the gas chamber is split into two sections, with a rubber o-ring seal in the middle which has now dried out. Using a vacuum seal on it however, I did manage to get it to fire about 280FPS from a couple of shots so if i can get some Silicon oil and a new o-ring i think it would be usable in a CQB area.

But yeah, thanks !

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.