Ask to have a preview of a paintjob.

ScheaTt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone,

Before start, i'm french and i will probably do some english faults :).

So .. I'm here to help this community if players hesitate to paint theirs replicas. Here you can ask to have a preview, it's not reality i know but it could be helpful for someone :).

Some examples in pictures : (all replicas are black utom the psycho's scar)

1409644095-nos-masadas4-redim.jpg

1402078591-img-0160-redim.jpg

1399833952-img-0563-redim.jpg

7bbg.jpg

3d89.jpg

You can ask preview on in-game picture too :

1413886123-140602051255795321-redim-2.jp

Requirements to make the request are simple !

-A picture of your replica (my eyes will thank you if you upload a HD picture biggrin.gif)
-A pattern of a camo.
-Where applicate it.
-Which shades.
Etc

Maybe you want add a logo ?

-A picture of a logo.
-Where applicate it.
Etc

Maybe kind of paint ?

-borst ?
-Airbrush ?
-Sponge ?
Etc

I'm not a professional, just a hobby smile.gif.

PS : I don't know how work with white :S.

Thanks for reading

ScheaTt

• Supporters

Are any of these guns that have actually been painted or just photoshop mock ups?

Are any of these guns that have actually been painted or just photoshop mock ups?

Only photoshop, all of these replicas are black utom the scar as i said :). It's to difficult to work on an already painted replica (replica or gun ? On the french forum the french translation of gun is banned) because i work on a unique shade and i don't know how remove the actual paintjob :(.

• Supporters

Only photoshop, all of these replicas are black utom the scar as i said :). It's to difficult to work on an already painted replica (replica or gun ? On the french forum the french translation of gun is banned) because i work on a unique shade and i don't know how remove the actual paintjob :(.

Gun is fine.

If you mean how would you change the colour of the gun in the picture to be able to work on a different base coat, depending on which version of photoshop you're using you should be able to capture the outline using the magic wand tool then use an adjustment layer to change the colour of the basic gun (hue and saturation layer). Work with your graphic layer over the top of that and you should be fine.

As far as actually painting things like the faded flag over an actual gun......I can do that ;)

Here's a guitar I did with a similar pattern:

IMAG0072.jpg

Ok for gun, it's because law. In France, we have to make the difference between a gun and a replica, it's why we don't use gun.

I already have tryed to make what you said, i don't succeed to have the result what i wanted, but i keep using photoshop and i will probably find a technic to succeed that :).

• Supporters

Ok for gun, it's because law. In France, we have to make the difference between a gun and a replica, it's why we don't use gun.

I already have tryed to make what you said, i don't succeed to have the result what i wanted, but i keep using photoshop and i will probably find a technic to succeed that :).

Keep at it! You'll get there. The other option would be to try and use the colour replace functions. What version of Photoshop do you have?

Ah, not me :D, classic version.

Mmmh, I will upload new pictures when I will do new works.

Edit : If you want more examples, you can visit this page : http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=188349 It comes from the french forum.

damn, I never thought the 4 years of learning french at school would actually help me understand all that; I always half assed that subject.

Anyway, great work, would like to see some of them in real life

damn, I never thought the 4 years of learning french at school would actually help me understand all that; I always half assed that subject.

Anyway, great work, would like to see some of them in real life

It seems what the french is the hardest language to learn, is it right ? :D And thank you.

If you want to know how to do something in Photoshop, you can ask me if you like. I am the main trainer at an Adobe Authorised Training Centre, where it is my job to teach people how to use all Adobe programs, including Photoshop obviously. I have all three certifications for Photoshop: ACI (Adobe Certified Instructor), ACE (Adobe Certified Expert) and ACA (Adobe Certified Associate), so there isn't much I could not help you with. :)

If you want to know how to do something in Photoshop, you can ask me if you like. I am the main trainer at an Adobe Authorised Training Centre, where it is my job to teach people how to use all Adobe programs, including Photoshop obviously. I have all three certifications for Photoshop: ACI (Adobe Certified Instructor), ACE (Adobe Certified Expert) and ACA (Adobe Certified Associate), so there isn't much I could not help you with. :)

Hey, thanks for your support, i will send you a PM.

• Supporters

what does it shoot like?

It's not his gun, he just photoshops paint jobs onto pictures.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.