drop in FPS

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A little while ago, I posted about my cm16 raider having FPS issues, I thought it was because the cylinder was dry (which it was)

Turned out to be piston :( sooooooo I've ordered a SHS 14 tooth piston (same as original piston) with all steel teeth, SHS upgrade nozzle with O ring and SHS cylinder head with double O ring

Once the piston teeth in my sons M4 do the same, I'll upgrade that one with the same mods

Nick

What spring do you have aswell ?? What does it chrono at loz ??

Think I pushed it to hard on full auto but at least its shown up the flaws :) doubt mine will be as good as yours though lol

shs pistons are very good. Light weight and strong. IMHO the best thing you can do is fit sorbo and set the aoe. This helps no end with reducing wear and stress on the gearbox.

I was going to do that when the new parts arrive so I'll get a rubber washer tomorow

From what I understand, air volume will be reduced and fps aswell but I doubt its noticeable other than on a chrono

• Supporters

What spring do you have aswell ?? What does it chrono at loz ??

Think I pushed it to hard on full auto but at least its shown up the flaws :) doubt mine will be as good as yours though lol

M90 spring, chronos at about 330-335fps if I remember correctly. 300mm barrel, sorbo pad, AoE correction, original TM EG1000 motor and a Gate NanoAB mosfet.

Haha, just a bit modified then

I dont have a clue what the standard spring is in a g&g raider

Now its time to solder in my MOSFET when I open the gearbox again

• Supporters

Haha, just a bit modified then

I dont have a clue what the standard spring is in a g&g raider

Now its time to solder in my MOSFET when I open the gearbox again

Yeah - my profile says it's a TM M4A1 but there's probably less than a half dozen parts that are still original (even less since I changed the outer barrel and lost the front sight post). Probably the motor, gearbox casing and the buffer tube and screw. Yeah, that's about it. Actually the inner barrel is the original but it's been cut down so yeah...not original! :D

75% of mine is original, all I've changed is the motor, grease, shims and now the piston etc, I've also cut my barrel down to about 5mm short of the suppressor ending

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.