A&K m60 box mag problems

Fatknees

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok guys/girls i've purchased a a&k m60 with a box mag,the problem I've got is the box mag stopped feeding yesterday ,ok I'll buy another box mag these things are like rocking horse sh*t to find,can anybody please help

Thanks

Any idea on the problem?

I have had a Star M60 for 8 or 9 years, not sure how similar the box mags are to A&K but I had no end of problems within days of buying it, namely the box mag motor burnt out as the cut off switch didn't do its job. I then had to wait 2 months for it to be sorted under warranty. It did exactly the same 2 weeks later. Luckily it uses a cheapo 3 or 6v motor and I picked up a few similar ones (slightly longer) from Squires Model tools for 50p each, and eventually wired the motor via a 3 way switch and spare mini tamiya connector into the trigger contacts so it winds only when the trigger is pulled, the other switch settings being off and mag battery auto feed (last only used when the mag has just been fitted to wind bb's into the gun, then switch to trigger contact operation). Works a treat now, and not had any trouble with overheating despite the higher voltage to the mag motor.

With mine the bb's just stopped feeding into the feeding tube? so I unscrewed the feeding tube re connected it thinking some crap got stuck in it nope nothing,gonna have a play with box the weekend crack it open and hope to fix it

Sounds like a plan. If its similar to mine there will be a tiny auto cut off microswitch where the bb feed tube exits the feed unit, which is activated by bb's passing it, and its this that caused most of my problems by either sticking open (burnt out mag motor) or shut (no bb's feeding). Hence why I bypassed it in the end.

Ok nice one thanks I guess I'll find out the weekend when i crack it open

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.