Sci-fi Loadouts, anyone?

Caliber
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently stumbled across this particular art set, and came to wonder... Where's all the sweet sci-fi loadouts?

neo_japan_2202___ronin_kokushibyo_by_johneo_japan_2202___kikai_yohei_by_johnsont

neo_japan_2202___kikai_yohei_by_johnsont

8fe8926d58e66e5db852aee373ea1712-d6wt7ix

neo_japan_2202_by_johnsonting-d6n1o38.jp

At the moment I'm mostly interested in the guns. A sci-fi gun with Navy SEALs kit and a few aesthetic modifications would be a sweet pseudo-sci-fi loadout. The armour and kit would probably be impractical unless toned down a bit for breathability and heat conduction (I'd say use a shitload of gore-tex for the base layer, but that'd be beyond pricey) however, kind of a bummer but hard to avoid.

Dedicated sci-fi milsim would be sweet, if people like the idea. Space pirates and whatnot.

What do you guys think? Yay or nay on sci-fi airsoft?

• Supporters

Plenty of SG-1 kit out there but not many would be up for going full on Te'alc methinks!

If I recall correctly, there are quite a few of us with ongoing Sci-Fi project load outs, including me, because I'm creating a Starship Troopers Mobile Infantry get up. I'm not in any real rush to complete it, I just work on it when I'm in the mood. Quite a lot of people have done Colonial Marine load outs, helped quite a bit by the fact that you can buy Snow Wolf's airsoft M41A Pulse Rifle, as well as kits for all the armour.

If that kind of thing floats your boat, you should check out Pepakura, there's loads of sci-fi stuff for that which you can get for free:

http://www.instructables.com/id/What-is-Pepakura-and-how-to-start/

Back Stateside I played an epic Star Wars game. Sadly, us Imperials couldn't hit anything, but that made it far more believable. We had about 30 guys show up. Fun day, but damn, you can't run in Storm trooper armor

• Supporters

Fun day, but damn, you can't run in Storm trooper armor

Or sit down or pee or see where you're going.....

• Supporters

Replica Prop Forum www.therpf.com is a great place to look for this ind of stuff too!

I would certainly be interested in starting up a sci fi loudout but it seems as stuff is not readily available it will take a lot of time and possibly money to complete.

But I love the idea of a sci fi milsim!!

• Supporters

I would certainly be interested in starting up a sci fi loudout but it seems as stuff is not readily available it will take a lot of time and possibly money to complete.

But I love the idea of a sci fi milsim!!

Depends what stuff you need really. A lot of it does need making granted but a lot of it can be bought off the shelf, secondhand or done with minor mods.

yea sadly not enough scifi guns out atm. seriously considering doing one of those nerf airsoft scifi guns you come across...

• Supporters

Dredd Lawgiver kits are available for GBB Glocks....

yea sadly not enough scifi guns out atm. seriously considering doing one of those nerf airsoft scifi guns you come across...

What, putting airsoft innards in a nerf gun? That's not a bad idea, definately something to consider. Magazines would be a bit awkward, mind you, but I guess that's a part of the fun.

• Supporters

It's £750 for an unbranded rifle, go figure lol

Licensing costs to Bungie/Microsoft though....

• 1 year later...

Wore my Post ROTJ rebel commando kit to airsoft kn may the 4th..

Went for a galactic Devgru look..

Only had my colt with red tracers at the time.

post-13303-0-58154900-1476450117_thumb.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Funny seeing this thread bumped.

I was only joking tonight that I could go to a game as a Jedi with my lightsaber..

Don't know how long I'd last, or if I could actually block any BBs with the lightsaber or just get annihilated.

:)

Probably shelve that idea for a while.

Funny seeing this thread bumped.

I was only joking tonight that I could go to a game as a Jedi with my lightsaber..

Don't know how long I'd last, or if I could actually block any BBs with the lightsaber or just get annihilated.

:)

Probably shelve that idea for a while.

Lol do the old C96 Mauser / Han Solo blaster, then use the light saber as melee in CQB. I swear it would go viral.

• 5 weeks later...

Rebel Fleet Marine Loadout for CQB stuff

Kit..

US Navy work shirt

Crag hopper cargo trousers

Pantac PACA vest, added Velcro backed pistol mag pouch for the DL mags

DL-44 holster

Smg mag pouch

White/black painted skate lid to resemble Fleet Trooper helmet (a replica one wouldn't stand up to BB hits)

Black German jackboots.

Armour Works Dl-44 (removed the scope as it gets clonked on doors too easily)

S&T sterling to be turned into E-11 variant soon. Just waiting on the scope mount.

post-13303-0-87695900-1479369701_thumb.jpg

Archived