Very tall guy needing help with plate carrier option

SCAR_Jester

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I love the idea of plate carriers over cheat rigs and I'm not going near vests.

I recently got dorm cheap unbranded Chinese plate carrier (similar to the warrior low profile) and it holds up well in fact, just it come down to my ribs and no more, kinda awkward to put on as well.

Since companies I've looked at don't advertise their sizes in height I'm stuck. I'm 6' 8" (yes really) and of average build (not fat nor skinny).

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all

- Corky

I had a similar issue due to sizes, I'm 6'3" ish and slightly larger than average, changing from an olive green tactical vest to a cayote brown plate carrier - found the Condor Exo Plate Carrier comes in different sizes and looks fairly large.

Ah ok, I'll look into that. And maybe I am just too tall haha.

Thanks all, anything else would be awesome!

I'm 6"7 and of a larger build and I find the mk4 osprey fits me like a dream for your build the 200/116 should be perfect for you

I have found some for around £40-50 but what do the sizes mean? "200/116"?

200/116 is the height and chest in cms.

Its the standard sizing format for all British MoD clothing, upper body is height and chest, lower/trousers is waist/seat/leg, again in cms.

I've got a WAS DCS, its a great quality pc, excellent and does the job, I love it! but I'm only 6'1" and I've had to adjust it pretty much as far as I can, so that the plate sits lower at the front, personal preference really, main reason being it hurts like a mofo getting shot in my "muffin tops"!! lol

(note to self, more work on abs!)

200/116 is the height and chest in cms.

Its the standard sizing format for all British MoD clothing, upper body is height and chest, lower/trousers is waist/seat/leg, again in cms.

I've got a WAS DCS, its a great quality pc, excellent and does the job, I love it! but I'm only 6'1" and I've had to adjust it pretty much as far as I can, so that the plate sits lower at the front, personal preference really, main reason being it hurts like a mofo getting shot in my "muffin tops"!! lol

(note to self, more work on abs!)

Ah I right, then yeah looks like 200/116 should be perfect for me.

Only other thing is I like to move around a lot, is the osprey mk4 or similar heavy? (Without plates of course)

You will probably just be buying the cover, without soft armour or plates, so not very heavy at all.

You will probably just be buying the cover, without soft armour or plates, so not very heavy at all.

Awesome thanks for that, I'm not a pussy trust me haha but I don't like to be weighted down by something like that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.