New player from manchester

Enigma

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey im looking into starting airsoft will be hiring the first 3 times but then want to buy a gun but i have looked around and not really been able to distinguish which is better than the next so i have a budget of 300 which could include the gun (needs battery included in price) and any money left over on extras im looking for something in the m4 area if any of know any good solid full metal guns to start with out the box which are good would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard from someone also in Mcr area. :)

Try this thing, with battery and charger etc, it will leave you about a ton, so you can get spare mags and other bits and bobs if your budget is 300 notes:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=30th+Anniversary&manufacturer=&cat=

Make sure you also get a three point sling for it, it's a pain in the arse carrying a metal gun around all day without a sling, I know, because I was carrying that exact same gun all afternoon at F&O's Manchester Woodland site on Saturday because I couldn't be arsed taking the sling off my other M4.

Airsoft World get things to you in about 2-3 days, so they're cheap and offer good service, but if you prefer to actually visit a shop local to you, then these guys in Swinton are worth a look. They also run a number of good indoor and outdoor airsoft sites around the NW, and they invariably have stuff for sale at those skirmish events too:

http://www.firstandonlyretail.co.uk/

Yup, been to Weir Mill in Stockport (indoor CQB) and their woodland site out near Macclesfield. I go to the Mill site pretty regularly since I live in Stockport. Trojan are who I've got my UKARA with actually. I will be there on Sunday 4th Jan.

I should be their soon at the mill i sort of lied in the thing not in manchester do you know of glossop or tintwhistle or hollingworth just really Derbyshire because i only thought people would know Manchester. how do you know the dates of the games the website is very vague

Yeah I know, they've been a bit lax on updating the website calendar recently, but if you search for them on Facebook, they usually put the latest events up on there and you can let em know via that if you are intending to go there, but to be honest, it's never so full that you can't normally just walk in and go for it, although if you wanna hire gear, I would recommend booking, as there are usually quite a few players there hiring stuff, and so you'd wanna be sure they kept some gear for you. Failing that you can phone Ben Franklin, the main Trojan dude on this number: 0742 802 4874

If you are intending to go to the Trojan Weir Mill site, then I've got a few recommendations...

1. Take a drink: (Lucozade, tango or some sh*t like that) in a small plastic bottle you can shove in a pocket, cos it gets very hot in there, even in this weather. You will dehydrate otherwise.

2. Take a small torch (you can get em for a quid at cheapo 'pound shops'). Some areas are in total darkness (and I mean literally pitch black). Preferably take two torches, so you can tape one to the end of your hire gun if it does not have a Tac Light on it, so obviously, also take some pvc tape too or you won't be able to do that, although I normally have some on me, so you could always blag some off me.

3. If you have a pistol, take that, you can't use anything other than pistols and knives on the stairwells (and there are lots of fights at the entrance and exit of stairwells at that site), note that you don't actually need a knife, you can use your hand to simulate it. If you are going to there and do not have a pistol, gimme a shout, I can lend you one.

4. If you are using one of your own guns, then don't take any gun that cannot fire on single shot/semi-automatic (i.e. don't take something that only fires full auto, such as an AEG Sten Gun), because most games at the Mill CQB site don't allow the use of full auto fire because the ranges of engagements are normally pretty small.

5. Wear either combat boots or decent trainers with high ankle support as all the floors are hard concrete. If you have kneepads, they're good too because kneeling on that floor is tough on your knees. Wear clothes you don't mind getting covered with sh*t, because you will get covered in brick dust, concrete dust etc.

6. Take a scarf to wrap around your neck, most fights are at short ranges of about 20-40 feet, and a BB hitting your neck at 350 fps will fecking hurt and will draw blood. Likewise wear a long sleeve top, as hits on the arms are common too. Also, I'd recommend a baseball cap, because it will cover your forehead, I've seen plenty of people get a cut on their forehead from a BB at that site, which is why I always wear a PASGT helmet there.

7. If you are renting gear, make sure you get full face protection (it's actually compulsory if you are under 18). I've seen people get teeth shot out at that site on more than one occasion when they were not wearing a lower face mask.

Edit to answer your question: I've been airsofting for years, although for a long time I took a break from it, then started back up again about a year ago.

Oh and if you are going to Trojan's Woodland site, gimme a shout, because without directions, you never find the bloody place, even with a sat nav.

Thanks man really good help im looking into booking next few days for hire gear for 3 times to see if its something i enjoy if it is then i will invest in a gun and other things and i will follow your advice thanks will message you when im going if you want (16 by the way) since youve been airsofting for a long time could you clear something up i know i cant get a ukara since im not 18 but as long as i have a defence as to use it for airsoft would that suffice or would i need two toned?

Although you cannot get a UKARA registration if you are under 18, you can own a Realistic Imitation Firearm if you are under 18 and it does not have to be two toned either, although I'm sure you realise that it is advisable to have a suitable case for any airsoft gun (two toned or otherwise), when traveling to and from skirmishes, and not to have the magazine or gas or battery in the thing when carrying it about either (so it cannot be fired at the time), particularly if you are going to use public transport to get to a skirmish site. These might not be real guns we are using, but they are realistic enough to get you into trouble, so there's a bit of responsibility which comes with owning one.

It's worth noting here that the UKARA Scheme is, as you know, more about airsoft shops covering their own asses legally than anything else, so a legitimate defence for owning an airsoft gun would in fact be to have a membership card for an airsoft site, as this would clearly indicate that you are someone who goes airsofting at a legitimate venue regularly. You might (and I stress might) find that an airsoft shop would accept that as suitable enough proof to sell your parent/guardian an airsoft gun to give you as a gift if they accompanied you to a shop (particularly if it is a site shop - such as the one Trojan have at their Mill site - where they know you are not a dickhead and are going to use it for airsofting), although here is no guarantee that this would be the case of course, but it would be perfectly legal for them to sell your parents an airsoft gun under those circumstances so long as the shop was satisfied as to what the gun was going to be used for. To explain that a bit more...

Despite the fact that you can own a RIF, you cannot buy one yourself if you are under 18, so any RIF you do own would have to be gifted to you by someone who did have a UKARA or other legitimate defence for having bought it (and if your parent or guardian does not do airsofting, they are unlikely to have a UKARA, which makes it a bit tricky). No money can change hands for such a transaction either, i.e. you cannot give someone who has a UKARA the money for a RIF and have them buy it for you, it has to be a gift where no money changes hands. Although the law is not actually very clear on this matter, one assumes this is to enable parents who are into airsoft and who do have a UKARA or some other credible reason, to be able to buy RIFs for their kids (yeah I know, the law is fairly stupid and it could be got around relatively easily, but that is nevertheless the law).

So in short, no, if you have a RIF, it does not have to be two toned, even if you are under 18, although to be honest, the blue/black two toned guns actually don't look too bad, so it's really not a big deal, and there is nothing stopping a parent buying you a two toned airsoft gun. But I guess the really big deal is in persuading a parent or guardian to let you have one in the first place, since not all parents are exactly in love with the idea of their kids having fairly realistic weapons. It's a bit of a shame that more of them don't realise that airsofting is not only very sociable, as well as healthy from an exercise point of view, so actually quite good for kids, who these days are quite likely to be indoors all the time on a Playstation or X-Box (so neither being very sociable, nor getting any exercise), but it is also inclined to teach younger people a bit of responsibility.

The way around all that difficulty if you cannot get a RIF or a two toned airsoft gun, is to hire the gun, which is usually only about a fiver or so if you are a member of the airsoft site you go to regularly, although you should be careful to point out to your parent or guardian that this is what you are doing, as it is inclined to make them realise that letting you have your own airsoft gun would in fact save money in the long run. But before you get to all that, just hire stuff and see if you actually like airsofting. It is good fun, but you'll only know if you enjoy it by actually doing it a few times.

I also wondered if anyone knows any uk stores that sell this gun the reason i asked for recommendations because i couldn't find a kwa km4 sr10 which i though was an amazing gun

I don't think you will find it outside the US. It does look like an awesome gun though.

http://www.evike.com/products/31648/

Evike will ship to the UK if you supply an UKARA number and although there will be about 20% tax to pay plus handling fees, the exchange rate atm is not as good as it has been, but atm you would probably get within the £300 budget. It would however be a bad choice for a 1st gun. As it uses some non standard parts, you could be without a gun for a while if anything went wrong and you had to get parts from the US.

Whilst looking for it elsewhere, I did see this: http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152200039-SA-A02-carbine-replica.html

eng_pm_SA-A02-carbine-replica-1152200039

It's well within budget for a similar looking gun (except the front rails look different and more awesome). I have never heard of Specna arms but who cares, look at the rails! :D

Or play it safe and get a G&G and then save up for the awesome gun of your dreams once you're hooked.

Did I remember to mention those rails? :D

Thanks they have no problem with me owning one and i would prefer a rif if i could get one so might go to trojan 3 times show im not a twat and get one from there if they let me and if i cant then two tone which will come with bag face protection and a case for at home as i have little brothers who i dont want poking around it so will be locked up at home and thanks russe i think i may start with the combat machine then jump up one margin then may get it not one of those starting guns you get.

Hey guys about gun which one would you recommend more i personally prefer longer guns asthetically wise http://www.airsoftworld.net/gandg-combat-machine-raider-black-long.html or http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html yes the second one is cheaper but is it full metal because in its description it says and im looking for metal as i would assume it lasts longer any input?

• Material: Full metal stamped receiver, Nylon Fibre Polymer Body, Full spec Combat Machine gearbox

30th anniversary looks better imo, all the CM's have the same internals so its just about what one you think looks best. a lot of new players are adamant they need a "full metal" gun. honestly a lot of REAL guns have a higher % of polymer construction externally then metal, look at guns like the g36 for example. Full metal guns can be very heavy and cumbersome, the only real advantage is that it "feels" a bit more beefy and "realistic". You said you liked a KWA gun, have you seen the KWA CQR. That is a good starter M4, it comes with 3 mags

I have one of those 30th Anniversary M4s, it's a nice rifle. And yes, it is metal, i.e. the bits that would be metal on a real one are also metal on that one. But that makes it pretty heavy to carry about, so make sure you get a decent sling for it, because carrying one of those all day long is a pain in the ass.

If, as you say, you are going to go to Trojan's Weir Mill site in Stockport, they have a shop in there which has G&G M4s amongst other things, they have decent face protection and stuff like that as well. Prices are pretty good, and of course it means you can have a nosey at them up close. I'm fairly sure that if you went there regularly, they'd sell your parents a RIF without all that UKARA bollocks even though they are part of the UKARA scheme, because a UKARA number is only a means to check if people are skirmishing regularly, which they'd know you were doing if you'd been there a few times. Also, if you attend regularly, you automatically become a member, with a card, so that in itself is effectively a pretty reasonable means of proving your suitable defence for possessing a RIF.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.