Sites in Yorkshire

Karljohnmason

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How do.

Does anyone know off any good airsoft sites around Yorkshire? :)
Been gaming mostly pretty much always at Wentworth and Alpha One.
Looking to go to the Works and the Stan next year.
Are their any others I should know off? :)

Halo Mill is a great CQB place near Huddersfield

Ey up mate I'm from Huddersfield

Halo Mill is my local site, small but good fun. I wunt play a full day there but if you're close then you could go down for a couple hours on a weeknight. Tuesdays are members only nights and it's only £7.50 for 3 hours.

Membership (they like you to buy it after going about 3 times) can seem expensive but I think it will still include a CQC training session in the price, plus a £10 Patrol Base voucher card (their shop which is a 10 min drive away)

My dad and I were some of the first members (14 and 15) and had the training thing with Paul France Smith (trained armed police / SAS for years apparently) but maybe it's a different person now I'm not sure.

There's First & Only who run sites like Manchester Woodland (Bolton) and Khe Sahn Woods (Otley) and The Sandpit (not to be confused with the UCAP place down South, it's actually another quarry near Manchester IIRC)

Also Cerberus Airsoft with places like The Works in Halifax, can't remember any other places they have but they're all in Yorkshire

• Supporters

The Sandpit is run by Cerberus too, unless there's 3 sites with that name. Personally I would never go to one of their sites again after the insanely disastrous experience I had from going to The Works for the first time at some point last year. Worst run site I think I've ever been to, and their interest in safety was laughable, never seen so many people cheat, and so much conflicting info being given out by different marshals in all my time airsofting. There's even a public footpath running through the middle of the site, that had dog walkers come along it about 7 times throughout the day (yes, that's not even an exaggeration) and the marshals can't even decide on whether or not it's in play... How no random members of the public have been shot yet is absolutely beyond me. I can't actually believe they're still running... But they do include pie in the price, so they do have at least one redeeming feature.

I'll let you make up your own mind though. Go and try it by all means, always interested to hear what other people think of them.

But anyway, Brit Tac run games at Bawtry Paintball around the Doncaster area, and there's Tac House: Spartan in Chesterfield too.

If you've played at Skirmish's Wentworth CQB site then we've probably met lol, I'm sure your name rings a bell from Facebook.

Cheers for your replies :)
I have actually been to Halo Mill, just not in a while :)
AAs for sites, guess Im after everything and anything. CQB all the way up to full on infantry battles lol

Ed, we have met, Im in one of your vid's. Im the one who bushwhacks you as you enter building 3. Ceasefire called, then you plug me whilst Im having a debate with one of your team :) lol
Shame what you say about the Works. Site looks promising.

Mr B. Im sure weve met. I game quite regualy with Paul France. He is what he says he is lol :)
Every one seems to call me the Butcher of Leeds. Not from some crazy airsoft ability, more that Im a butcher and Im from Leeds lol :)

• Supporters

I went to a Lincolnshire Airsoft event in a quarry - the site was great, but hardcore on your gear, but the player marshals were the worst cheats on the field. It got so bad in the end that we left part way through the afternoon.

Black Hills Airsoft nr Chesterfield - good woodland site with mixed woods, bushes, and clearings and mixed topography, great bunch of people; site has only been open since May and needs support; find them on fb here.

• 2 months later...

Cerberus also have access to a woodland site called The Outpost which is just off the A1 near Knaresborough in North Yorkshire. I've not encountered any safety issues, quite the opposite really, very comprehensive safety brief each time, active marshals who are not playing in the game. Only seen one instance of cheating or cheat calling and the marshals dealt with it swiftly and professionally, the people in question did not appear to be site regulars.

One area I agree with is the game rules could sometimes be clearer but that could be just me not listening properly.

It is also a paintball site so quite a few bases, helicopter, bridges etc and no footpath through the site. Running water, power, toilets etc and the included food that they seem to be known for.

I am not a member but have decided to join Cerberus as seem like a good bunch of lads and I felt well looked after. I have not attended The Works yet, not sure how long that site will be around as there is a planning application to convert it into an old folks home. It looks like they've had quite a few different sites over the years, as many will know, the urban sites tend to have a finite life span as the buildings eventually get re-purposed (I miss Clay Wheels Lane).

They are running an overnight MilSim event in a few weeks time at The Outpost.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.