What are my options?

Andy450

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently brought a new gun a G&G TR16, It was a great gun until it started having problems.

First time I used (one week after buying it) the MOSFET chip shorted out and jammed the gearbox leaving it usless after half a mag.

Needless to say I was annoyed, I went to return it the next week and was told they could only repair it as its "their" policy to to repair it rather than to replace it. The fault was that the MOSFET chip had indeed shorted out and the gearbox jamming was a common thing on the Version 2 or 3 gearbox, cant remember which. Anyway I gave in and sent it away for repair where I could either 1- Have the chip replaced, 2- Have the chip removed and have the gun rewired with the chip of wait and have the new version of the chip fitted when G&G release them.

After waiting two weeks for a 5 minute repair and having the chip replaced I went to use it on Sunday, just gone. I managed to fire 1 shot through the chrono before I was greeted by the site of a smoking MOSFET chip and a gearbox smoking. Yet again the chip had shorted making the gun useless again. Now im Pis*ed!

Phoned up the shop on Monday, got fed the same BS, "Our policy is to repair and not replace."

Im not to clued up on the law but im sure if something is not fit for its intended purpose then im entitled to either a replacement or a refund.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Any help and advise would be great!!!

Thanks.

I'm by no means an expert in the law, but if the retailer isn't playing along then you could check out something like http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_taking_action_e/consumer_making_a_complaint_e.htm

But if you paid by creditcard / paypal you're much more likely to get a result by going through them.

If it's broken twice in a short space of time with no fault on your part you should be entitled to a refund.

Unfortunately those mosfets are notoriously shite, and quite a few people seem to be having issues with the TR16's such as feeding and gearbox problems.

Which battery are you using in it out of interest?

• Supporters

You are correct, if something is not fit for purpose you are entitled to a full refund. To get them to give it to you, you may need to speak to someone from Trading Standards of your local council, but simply quoting the relevant law to the retailer may be enough. The thing is, the TR16 is a decent gun in essence, it's just that G&G's foray into supplying guns with MOSFETs hasn't worked out well. You would probably be better having them fit a different MOSFET - fire-support are selling Gate Electronics Pico SSR2's at the mad sale price of £10 + £3.50 P&P so you could get one of those posted to your retailer (assuming it isn't f-s) and have them fit it for you, which they certainly should do for free.

To be fair they really ought to have replaced the poxy thing with something fit for purpose themselves at no extra cost to you right away, rather than another of the poxy G&G efforts, and you may get some traction arguing that point with them. Even a £20 airfet from ebay would do the job very nicely.

I agree with Ian, go in all guns blazing for a full refund and shop elsewhere, if they don't play ball, involve your local trading standards, they're taking the p*ss!

• 3 weeks later...

Following everyones comments I would look to buy a different mosfet and ask tham to swap it for you... at 0 labour costs obviously..

And fire the thing in the shop 100 times before taking it to a skirmish..

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.