objectives and props in scenarios

Pyro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Skirmish CQB and Skirmish The Stan allow 350 +5% = 368FPS, but no full auto indoors. I think it's fine, but then again I always wear a mesh 1/2 face mask... It makes sense for their customers who have their guns set up for the woodland site to be able to use them without modification at their other sites.

I would like (but don't know if it's within insurance policies) to see sites who normally have full auto restrictions do a full auto evening every now and then. UCAP don't have the auto restrictions on any site and I find it brillint.

We had a game where you had to take a trolly loaded with "bombs"... Flashing lights... And deliver them to various locations. But you could only use certain paths and there were blockades in the form of film props... Those cross things that they used on beaches to stop landing craft.

To clear them... They all had smoke grenades, and if you pulled it, the barricade got taken away... Made fine some interesting firefights.

Nh that sounds like fun....e

Epsom tunnels allowed full auto but people werw not being stupid with it. It was mainly covering fire not half a mag into someones face. It worked really well.

We were warned in the brief. Expect to get hit A LOT but also asked to be sensible with it and I saw or heard of No problems whilst there...

So depends on the site and players really Id say.

Bunker 51 for instance you could realisticly defend your spawn for a whole game 2 people againt 20 by using full auto as the layout works to your advantage.

In some sites its not the case obviously.

I've looked into this, but I highly doubt an air soft field could get the revenue to cover rent :(

Well... It could, but only eventually.. My local field/company has a regular 100 players, 3 games a month... Thats 72 grand alone in walk-on fee's... Add rentals, etc... Another £5400+, plus sales of BB's, gas, etc... Thats £77 grand, excluding sales which can easily top 10-15 grand in profit ... Assume 37k rent and rates, insurance... That gives you 50-55k wiggle room. Only the owner need make a real wage... So call it 30k wage. That leaves 20-25k to pay marshalls, etc... And you only need to pay them one day a week.

The VAT threshold is £81k... With some wiggling, you can stay under that...

And all this only assumes reasonable turnout, high rent, high wage, low sales and still leaves a lot of room spare...

• Supporters

Well... It could, but only eventually.. My local field/company has a regular 100 players, 3 games a month... Thats 72 grand alone in walk-on fee's... Add rentals, etc... Another £5400+, plus sales of BB's, gas, etc... Thats £77 grand, excluding sales which can easily top 10-15 grand in profit ... Assume 37k rent and rates, insurance... That gives you 50-55k wiggle room. Only the owner need make a real wage... So call it 30k wage. That leaves 20-25k to pay marshalls, etc... And you only need to pay them one day a week.

The VAT threshold is £81k... With some wiggling, you can stay under that...

And all this only assumes reasonable turnout, high rent, high wage, low sales and still leaves a lot of room spare...

There's some pretty sweeping generalisations and what appears to be guesswork there....

And £30K a "real wage"? Not round this way!

There's some pretty sweeping generalisations and what appears to be guesswork there....

And £30K a "real wage"? Not round this way!

Not really guesstimations... The numbers of players are solid. What they pay is established. The number of games per month is genuine. The sale os BB's and gas, thats based on the number of cases sold and their cost prices against sale price. And the 37k for premices was based on a quick search of viable warehouses.

Granted, finding one would be a chore, but there are plenty of them about that would be within that price range (including rates, etc) and suitable in my local area... obviously adjusted for location... But still.

And the 30k... I wouldnt want to earn much less than that for owning and running a business.

The numbers are... More or less... Solid. At least for the purposes of a forum, and offhand comment :)

• Supporters

I don't think 100 players coming regularlyregularly is that realistic. Big sites like ground zero etc that have been around forever don't always get that much. Many sites don't get 50 players a day

• Supporters

I don't think 100 players coming regularlyregularly is that realistic. Big sites like ground zero etc that have been around forever don't always get that much. Many sites don't get 50 players a day

The Mall gets 100 players most Sundays.

• Supporters

The Mall gets 100 players most Sundays.

So your proving my point? I said big established sites don't even always get that many...

Yes but that's 1 established well known site. Sites such as the mall and similar or very popular but outside of those select few numbers are more often than not significantly lower.

Getting 100 players isn't something a potential site could use a business as its not the norm. Saying 100 players for a new site is a solid number couldn't be further from the truth without a ridiculous amount of advertising.

Some warehouses I've looked at are 100k+ a year. But then, those are buisness premisis with office space, heating... etc.

No idea how to find almost derilict buildings that would be suitable. Ideally, something like a storage barn where leaks and lack of heating and lighting would be ideal.

Wonder what the building regs are like for building a custom CQB site from scratch :/

Rift is usually 100 strong. Quiet days are 90, busy days are about 120... 100 is quite average.

I think farm buildings would be the best bet... Old converted building, plus some unused grasslands... I'm positive I could source that for the price. Derelict buildings... That just takes searching... Again, possible.

• Supporters

So your proving my point? I said big established sites don't even always get that many...

No, not really. No site will ever be 100% attended every day it's open but the Mall is almost always sold out on a Sunday. Exceptions tend to be particularly hot days or the week or two mid December (the last one before Xmas is always full).

A lot of good points being chucked about. I would LOVE to find a place and run my own site but with work, family and Uni currently there's no way I could fit it all in.

I think its realistic to certainly run a site and break even, possibly even make a small profit for investors and/or staff (I think it would even be possible to run a site on a part time basis and not take a wage for myself).

I just wish I had known about Airsoft a few years ago when I would have been all over starting my own company...

• 2 months later...

Soooo. I've been giving it some thought, and while I don't think I can yet start a site. I want to start making props (Briefcase bombs and the like) for retail. I've got product design experience and a good grounding to make pretty much anything I want... But I need more ideas. Other than the usual 'domination point' and 'briefcase bomb' props, what else could I make?

Bigger question, who should I market them to. Sites are the obvious choice, but would individuals buy them for backyard skirmishes if the price was right? :/

Pyro.

I could owe you one? :P

don't want a USP (One would be nice, but meh). I just want to tinker and make something cool... But then be able to sell it so I can not be broke and make something else cool.

The questions was more along the lines of would individuals really be interested in buying props. And if so, what makes a good one?

• 5 years later...
On 05/01/2015 at 15:52, NickM said:

Jcheese, their chrono was wonky to start with which doesn't help, my gun had come in at 345fps bang on for 4 shots on .2's the week before (no tinkering in the mean time) at the Sandpit who have decent chrono's, I was using .25's at SWWG and told the marshal this and it chrono'd at 210fps on theirs (that is not a realistic change in fps and I maintain their chrono was reading much slower than it really was). I have since learned that if the batteries in the chrono's are low they are wildly inconsistent which may have been the cause. In addition people were setting their hops after chrono which will have effected their speed readings down at the check and back up after.

1. If people can't do the conversion between .2 and any other masses they should use a site mag or they should load 10 rounds of .2 into your mag, all done infront of you.

2. All chrono's should be checked prior to use I would suggest sites need more than one and should run a gun or series of guns through all before starting on the players to check consistency.

3. All players must set their hops prior to being chrono'd straight and level flight to be checked by the marshal before chrono.

4. Take care of all kit properly.

I agree the full auto thing indoors was overkill but with some groundrules and sensible players it should have been ok. IE firing down the long "road"/corridors from one end to the other was ok on full but into buildings/or an MED for full auto I could respect.

When I said it was a great little site, I mean it was a good laugh and their model really worked, they could change the layout easily, the games were engaging and energetic. Some of their rules and the things that happened were just plain wrong, but there are other indoor and cqb places that allow full auto, you just need to have the right sort of people that aren't dicks about it.

SWWG was perfectly fine when you had true sports and responsible adults/young adults playing, I remember being made to bleed by some rifs in there at age 15 many other young lads in there who played properly and never complained either. And I loved their chrono however people did not like my mp5🤣

• Head Moderator

Please check the dates on threads before posting. This topic is quite old.

If the topic starter would like this thread reopened, please PM me with a link back to this topic.

This is a general message which helps us speed up forum moderation.

Thank you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.