A question about PVC and Webbing (Not as weird as it sounds!)

Liam1992

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening Gents,

Well, you guys have a variety of backgrounds and experiences and perhaps one of you might be a PVC expert, who knows? Might spark some discussion on preferences anyway!

Last year I had a set of Webbing custom made by a company in Colchester for work. Its been brilliant as yet, survived various Exercises/ Courses and hasn't failed me yet. However, it has one issue!

The pouches, as good as they are, aren't brilliant at keeping water out. PLCE pouches are excellent as they are all lined with (I assume) thin PVC stitched to the inside. 2 of the pouches I got aren't (As I didn't select the option to at the time). there brilliant pouches with clips that make life so easy, but I think they would be made even better if they were PVC lined as per PLCE, it would help them to keep there shape when empty too.

So, my question is, anyone have any idea what PVC material would be suitable for lining a webbing pouch?

I'm handy enough with a sewing machine and I've got two weeks christmas leave coming up, got to fill my time with something!

Cheers all,

Liam

Hmmm, not sure, maybe ask the place you bought it from? they may even be able to do it for you at a reasonable price? I guess you'd have to select the material, make a liner and then stitch it in? I do a bit of my own sewing myself and used to do bits and pieces when i was serving, but tbh I wouldn't fancy trying to make effective liners. I'm trying to get myself round to replacing the PLCE clips on my ammo pouches with Velcro strips to ease closing the pouches! lol

Good luck!

Would it not be easier to use a waterproofing treatment, something like Fabsil?

• Supporters

Cordura™/clones

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.