Decisions decisions...

Steelrain

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Just wanna say thanks to everyone with all the help I've received for various things so far.... I require more :-)

So in terms of my first gun within my budget i'm down to 2 and could really do with some assistance.

It's a toss up between the G&G Gr4 G26 and the G&G Cm18 Mod1.

I think I prefer the Gr4 but it doesn't look like I can get many accessories where's as the cm18 has plenty of rails, is this the case, does it matter that much?

Without it getting too confusing I'm open to suggestions of others?!

Cheers.

• Supporters

Hi guys,

Just wanna say thanks to everyone with all the help I've received for various things so far.... I require more :-)

So in terms of my first gun within my budget i'm down to 2 and could really do with some assistance.

It's a toss up between the G&G Gr4 G26 and the G&G Cm18 Mod1.

I think I prefer the Gr4 but it doesn't look like I can get many accessories where's as the cm18 has plenty of rails, is this the case, does it matter that much?

Without it getting too confusing I'm open to suggestions of others?!

Cheers.

You can add rail sections to the magpul style handguard on the gr4.

• Supporters

Personally I love the CM18 - got both colours

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=9133

&

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-combat-machine-cm18-mod1-black-dark-earth.html

it is plastic receiver - that don't bother me but I do really like it in looks and use

check reviews on zero and LWA the owners do seem very happy with it

if metal receiver matters

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc4-g26-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

think of those two I might get the GC16 - I have a tan G26 30th edition and yup its nice but for me:

battery is front wired - I prefer rear wired - change stock to fixed stubby/full for easy battery change

also that front flip sight is very weak - part of rail but seems plastic and snap off if ya dropped it

(think GC16 "may" also be front wired but can't confirm myself)

both are metal receivers with limited markings etc so very good value but me personally G&G should of

picked at least either Raider or CM18 as Raider has got to be one of their best sellers today if not carbine

CM18 only real thing I don't like is flash hider - looks too g36 but unsure what to change it with

and it came with a 120 mid-cap, not a 300 hi-cap like others in this price range but can't grumble

CM18 has no delta ring wobble coz no delta ring - looks different in its sexy 2-tone black/tan or tan/black

rear wired - one of mine has a stubby on there and atm nowt on the rails except the rail covers + grip

You won't go wrong really with any of the G&G's carbine raider firehawk cm18 or 2 x ltd editions

it is mainly down to YOUR personal choice at end of day - despite what any of us say really

Your gun - your choice - any of the above will see ya ok on the field

Although it is your choice if you haven't got UKARA and need it 2-toned then it would imho be a

shame to see a 30th edition or FireHawk 2-toned as it just looks wrong - very wrong tbh

suppose you could get a CM18 - tell them to paint crane stock, rail covers n pistol grip etc...

very easy to remove/change if you get UKARA later on

but seriously it is your gun so go with what you feel YOU the owner would prefer

happy shooting & all that with your G&G

• Supporters

Thanks any chance of a link as not sure what to look for? Cheers

Just Google for MOE rails. Bullseye country sports should have them.

To be fair the cm18 would be my preference but having skirmished the gr4 g26 it IS a nice gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.