Hello from Swindon

Tramples

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Airsoft people, greetings from Tramples,

new to this forum but not to airsoft, well complicated really.

History would be something like this.

2004 - 2014 Tournament Paintball player No Limit Bridgend Back Centre

somewhere in 2010 3 hire days Airsofting at Roves Farm in Swindon, got 3 stamps but never got the UKARA due to paintball commitments

also back in 2010 had chinese MP5 shooting somewhere around 450fps!!!!! so sold that to fund more paint

Currently 2 Hire days at the Trail in Swindon next one and will get the UKARA this time

Reason for going back to airsoft.....too fat for paintball.....also knees won't let me slide into anything anymore without quite a lot of pain, back goes from carrying all that paint and it's so much cheaper.

Shopping/Selling question....I have Paintball gear to sell but would look at trading for Airsoft gear once UKARA registered, does that happen here?

Otherwise would move all the paintball stuff on those specific forums. Also I have an Airgun that hasn't had as much use since I moved to Swindon, anyone know a good place to sell that?

PS I also used to do a lot of photography, the sort where you wear a high vis vest and everyone tries to shoot your camera because a lens that big looks like a threat. Anyone have experience of protecting your optics from BB's without the world going blurry?

Good bunch there, it's a bit soggy in places so waterproof boots recommended. Might be down taking photo's at some point. See how my week goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Yey! Got my 3rd stamp, should have UKARA by end of the week, if not going to go nag Swindon Airsoft

Welcome aboard. :)

You can get stuff to protect funsight optics, there are ones specific to airsoft which mount on your weapon in front of optical sights to prevent them being smashed by a BB (it does happen, seen Tac Lights get shot out a few times in CQB). But for a camera, unless you chose to adapt one of those, then I'd go for something like this for a quid:

http://www.cutplasticsheeting.co.uk/clear-acrylic-sheeting/clear-polycarbonate-sheeting.html

That's 3mm thick optically clear polycarbonate with 90 percent+ light transmission, so you can just open up the aperture another ten percent to counteract that minimal light loss, or go for a faster ISO setting. All you then need to do is put your lens over the sheet, draw around it with a waterfast pen to mark it out, then cut out the shape with a Dremel or similar. You can fix it on the end of your lens with black pvc electrical tape, which makes it easy to remove if you need to clean it. If it does take a hit and gets marked, just make another one with what you've got left of the sheet. Should get four of them out of an A5 sheet if it's a typical SLR lens size, or it would be enough to do your standard lens, a telephoto and a wide angle or whatever. Everything should still fit in your cases okay since the size increase is minimal, as is the weight increase.

All ready for the cutter. Just used a double uv filter Sunday. Got hit more with the camera than when using the gun but nothing direct. Going to make a few trial acrylic lens protectors out of different thicknesses and get one of the 500fps snipers to hit them point blank.

Also trying to find a blue armour plate carrier UN colour. Players seem to find hi viz attractive thinking blue might make me stand out as a camera man.

The man to go to for shopping lists :-), just ordered the helmet but the covers are sold out.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.