prescription airsoft glasses - not goggles or inserts..

IMF2000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am an airsofter and also wear glasses. I do not want to use contact lenses (have done in the past), I also do not want to use inserts into existing glasses. I do not (ideally) want to use googles. I do not want to wear goggles over my glasses.

Has anyone come across a set of glasses, that take prescription lenses, and those lenses will also meet the required ballistic protection requirements, to play airsoft, and be available to purchase in the UK?

For example, I have Oakley sun glasses with prescription Oakley lenses (but I do not believe these meet the ballistic protection standards.) Does anyone produce prescription toughened lenses to fit their frames in the UK?

I understand (if available) that these will be costly compared to the alternatives.

Send an email to Andy Bourne from Tactical Optician. He will know which product is best for you, and after getting hold of my eye-pro from him i cannot reccomend his services enough. Flawless service.

[email protected]

I know you said you dont want to wear goggles over your glasses. I didn't at first either but its what I do now..

I put the goggles just over my face-mask so it separates the seal from my skin and thus allows air to fill the gap and eradicate fogging.

I literally have 0 fog all day when I do this method and wear my glasses comfortably :)

I know you said you dont want to wear goggles over your glasses. I didn't at first either but its what I do now..

I put the goggles just over my face-mask so it separates the seal from my skin and thus allows air to fill the gap and eradicate fogging.

I literally have 0 fog all day when I do this method and wear my glasses comfortably :)

I do not use a face mask and don't plan on doing. This is also unlikely to work in my case, I have been airsofting with glasses and over-glasses, with a massive air gap around both sets, they still fogged up due the sheer amount of sweat and heat.

I am looking at frames with prescription polycarbonate lenses to which I will add anti fog spray. Should be the final solution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Because i was short sighted and pretty bad too as i couldn't read normal sized text such as a newspaper further than a foot way from my face i had to wear glasses, this meant that i could not play any contact sports like football and such as my glasses would get damaged.

This also meant that the first few times i went paintballing with friends was an issue as not only would the crappy rental paintball goggles fog up but so would my glasses (double fog, yay), and almost every year i would have to buy a new pair of glasses as i would break, scratch or bend the frames so would stump up at least another £100 for a new set.

So i said enough is enough and in Jan 2012 got laser eye surgery instead and WOW! no longer needing the glasses when i got into Airsoft my choice of goggles was no longer limited to can i fit my glasses under this or does it fit prescription lenses.

Admittedly Laser eye surgery costs a lot and depending on your eye condition they may or may not be able to do it but i recommend its well worth a look for the long run.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.