WE Nuprol 4.0

cyrexx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I got a bottle of WE Nuprol 4.0 from Patrol Base on Saturday to see what it was like as I normally use Abbey Brute gas which is not so good in the cold, so far very impressed with the results.

Using the Nuprol 4.0 gas I got these result as an average. The temperature was cold enough to see your breath.

WE 226 = 95 m/s

KWA M9 = 105 m/s

using Abbey Brute I would get on average.

WE 226 = 80 m/s

KWA M9 = 90 m/s

So in the cold the Nuprol 4.0 gas works great, massive improvement in FPS in low temperatures, it will interesting to see how it performs in summer.

But at £20 a bottle it's a bit over priced for as in my opinion.

Presumably the increase in FPS is only half of the story.

What additional stress does it put on the gun and what is the long term effect on the casing,

particularly when the warmer months return ?

• Supporters

Presumably the increase in FPS is only half of the story.

What additional stress does it put on the gun and what is the long term effect on the casing,

particularly when the warmer months return ?

It's made to be used in the cold only so shouldn't put anymore wear on than say, propane in the summer.

• Supporters

I thought that it was supposed to behave in the cold how standard gasses were supposed to behave in the warmth.

Winter to Nuprol 4.0 is like summer to green gas. Or so implies their entire marketing strategy.

Fps values sound about right, but for me it's more the ability to fire more often and spam the trigger a bit, so does Nuprol 4.0 allow that? Otherwise I might as well just stick to propane, which has always worked fine for me anyway. Especially considering the cans of it hold about 4 times the amount of gas, for less than half the price.

There appears to be a lot of marketing hype around these products, mainly that it gives better power in cold conditions. In my experience, life is a compromise. There has to be a con to every pro.

Its more expensive of course, but I think I will reserve judgement until its seen a winter and a summer with higher temps.

They say its for a temp range up to. 20 degrees.

Does this mean we have to use another gas in the summer ?

• Supporters

There appears to be a lot of marketing hype around these products, mainly that it gives better power in cold conditions. In my experience, life is a compromise. There has to be a con to every pro.

Its more expensive of course, but I think I will reserve judgement until its seen a winter and a summer with higher temps.

They say its for a temp range up to. 20 degrees.

Does this mean we have to use another gas in the summer ?

Well yeah, this is designed for tthe winter when performance on other gases drops. You then switch back to the normal gas in warmer conditions.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.