Ukara number ??

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As I'm now a site member (didn't cost me anything for site membership) I am assuming my 'membership card number' is also my 'ukara number ' ??

I know I'm not fully covered for 'defence' reasons until I'm registered (they asked if I wanted to post it myself and so I did) and I can't buy RIF's yet until I'm registered or can I ??

Nick

Your site membership is NOT a UKARA number. Attempting to use your site membershio number to buy an RIF can get you in serious trouble with your site.

Just wait your two months and fill the form in

Yeah.....that's not entirely true.

Site membership is a valid defence in its own right. My UKARA number is also my site membership number too.

My bad, my site membership clearly states that its not a ukara number, and using it as such will get your membership revoked.

And as with any ukara post, you are also right that membership alone is indeed a defence. Though nobody knows if it is a sufficient defence (the only people who REALLY know wear a red gown and curly white wig) and you might struggle to find a place to buy an RIF with just a free site membership. Or at least i hope youd struggle...

Thanks lozart :) and Josh, your replys confirm what others have told me, just waiting to be registered on Ukara and email confirmation now then I'm completely covered

I won't be buying any RIFs until after xmas

TheGrover - I've already done my 3 month stint and everything was handed in on sunday (23rd Nov) now I'm just waiting to be registered on Ukara database

• Supporters

I'm just waiting to be registered on Ukara database

That's the relevant part. It's about being registered on the database not issued with some special "UKARA" number. If you're buying from a local shop that is aware of the site then your membership card alone may well be sufficient defence for them. You could of course have said retailer put you on the database (assuming they're a UKARA registered retailer that is).

Its a bit late to take it to a retailer unfortunately as I've already posted it now as the site owner did the donkey work plus I'm not in a hurry to buy any RIFs, I dont think there's any retailers that sell airsoft weapons where I live

I'm not a massive dick (I'm not stupid enough and know what I'm doing) to run around in public with my weapon's, everything's always locked up, my kids know not to touch them without my say so, they know the rules of them and there always locked up and in the boot when travelling

Actually the number on the card from this particular site they put your ukara number on there. I'd wait a few days till it goes on the database though Nick you'll get an email when it does from Ukara.

Cheers guys, just wanted to double check that's all

It'll take a few days to get to its destination as its been sent 2nd class snail mail by site owner beastmode

• Supporters

Hmmm, there are so many myths about the UKARA system. I know some others have already said these things but...

Your site membership number is your "UKARA number" seeing as they simply act as a database of membership numbers at approved and insured sites.

Many site owners simply use it to reduce the number of calls they get directly from retailers asking if X person is a skirmisher with them. There are some sites that don't like UKARA but are happy for you to simply pass on their office number and your membership number, retailer then calls them direct, this is essentially the same service UKARA offers.

There are other forms of defence, things like skirmish diaries/logs etc, there were a pair of alternatives even knocking around on here like BAC and Project Luther (although I think the name has changed). UKARA seems to be the easiest for most people to deal with.

• Supporters

Let's be clear here, there is no such thing as a UKARA number. Your site gives you a membership number that a UKARA retailer puts on a darabase ergo a "UKARA number" is your site membership number

That's not how it works at all sites. Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield for eg give you a membership number which is their reference for your details, but when they send off your deets to a UKARA registered retailer you get a different number back which begins with 3 letters identifying the site, so mine begins "SKI" - I'm not sure how UKARA assign letters if you do your 3 games at different sites, but regardless, it is a UKARA player registration number. Your site may simplify things for their records, for eg if they know that your UKARA number will begin with their site ID, they will know which number comes next.

E.g. Wombat Airsoft Ltd have registered 31 players, so they know their next player to get a UKARA number with their site ID will be WOM00032.

Mine begins BOC for Black Ops Cribbs

That's not how it works at all sites. Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield for eg give you a membership number which is their reference for your details, but when they send off your deets to a UKARA registered retailer you get a different number back which begins with 3 letters identifying the site, so mine begins "SKI" - I'm not sure how UKARA assign letters if you do your 3 games at different sites, but regardless, it is a UKARA player registration number. Your site may simplify things for their records, for eg if they know that your UKARA number will begin with their site ID, they will know which number comes next.

E.g. Wombat Airsoft Ltd have registered 31 players, so they know their next player to get a UKARA number with their site ID will be WOM00032.

Are you sure its the retailer sending a different number back as ive never heard of that happening, it doesnt happen at any of the sites ive been to, they just gave me my number on the day I qualified for it GZC10[redacted] (greenzone combat) which would be my site membership number. I also thought you had to do your 3 games at one site to get on the database as the whole selling point of project luther and BAC was that you could go to different sites and still qualify.

"The games site has to record you as a member and preferably issue you with a membership card. To qualify as an "airsoft skirmisher" you must be a regular player at that game site"

Obviously some sites might operate differently so I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Ian_Gere
no need to invite people to misuse ur UKARA number

• Supporters

No, you don't have to play all 3 games at the same site - if you print the form off yourself it has space on it for sites to fill in their deets and stamp it, (plus to write what forms of ID from you they have seen) but it was never created to force sites to do the paperwork for you. Nor do you have to be a member of a site. Since then however the idea that you do have to become a member and pay, if the site require a joining fee, has become pretty universally accepted. But yeah, as i said in the example, sites will know what number UKARA will assign to you so they can tell you as soon as they check their records. But also, my Skirmish membership number is nothing like my UKARA number.

My Ukara and site are the same number. If you want to check your registration details either Google " UKARA self check" or phone a main UK retailer such as Firesupport or Action Hobbies, give them your address and DOB and generally they will be happy to check your status (retailers set the system up after all).

I also got Ukara through Black Op's Cribbs, my membership number on site card is also my Ukara. Should be note however that I got my site membership card through the post more than a week before my Ukara became active.

- Ant

I played my 3 games at black ops, they rang me asking if I wanted them to post it all so living up the road from them, I got my card (along with my I.D paperwork) and posted the forms myself

Are you going to portishead on sunday (30th) sappysid ??

I'll see you in the morning! Theres 7 guys from my team going tomorrow, i'll have one of these patches in the center of my chest rig, make sure you come over and say hi! :)

- Ant

post-9832-0-96925400-1417302947_thumb.jpg

Will do buddy, I'll be in DPM combats, look for a guy with a chest rig with 2 patches on it plus my OD pars wings in my right shoulder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.