Hello everyone, help needed identifying my L96/308/AWP or what ever it is :D

Dready

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

After being kindly gifted a L96 (clone I presume) I wondered if anyone could ID it for me. The stock and upper receiver etc have no names/brands on them, the only thing written/etched on it is the serial and an F (See pic).

I will be running it through a crono later today and it appears to be reasonably accurate on my 30m range at home.

Thanks in advance.

post-10496-0-95345800-1416995041_thumb.jpg

There are no other markings on the rest of the entire gun and is the same shape as the Well model in almost every way I can see. I posted this to see if someone recognised the markings near the bolt.

I will post pictures of the whole thing when I get home if that will help.

Clearly this isn't CSI as they would have read that there are no other markings on the rifle, except the serial number and the small F etched near the bolt.

It looks identical to the Warrior, Well, Maruzen & Mauser L96 MB-01 one, however I checked all of them and they all have distinctive markings/names on them. I'm guessing mine is a clone so the parts maybe interchangeable on the better known versions of it.

yeah could you maybe take a few more pics? like maybe the whole rifle, and also the magwell, and have you taken it apart? if you do then maybe some of the internals may have a brand name on it

If the magwell is further forward then it is either a maruzen type 96 or clone (mb01 etc) or the mb08 which is basically the same, just with a folding stock. However it could also be the asg 308 or double eagle m57, both of which are similar and are a bit of a combination of parts. It could also be the agm l96, which aren't made anymore and are a bit crap. I also doubt it but I think that g&g make a gas model that it could be. More pictures would definitely help.

consistently over the limit for 90% of sites though!

Haven't touched the hopup yet so that may help take the edge of it. Most sites use .20's when they crono don't they? Its around 380 with .40's. Failing that I need to sort something out as I will be taking it to some CQB for some overwatch at the weekend and it needs to be 400fps for that.

Now I'm just faced with the issue of losing 100fps off it by Saturday. Ideally want to keep it as is but I'm guessing there are not any easy temp power reduction methods. Don't think I will have chance to get a new spring and cut that down before the weekend either.

As you can tell I'm very new to all this so I appreciate the help everyone!

Having a look at the MB01 on:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-WELL-MB1-CST.htm

it states that it has 'adjustable hop up and FPS!' Is this just marketing bull or is there a magic tuning screw or something?

You may have the version with the velocity reducer. I don't have it so I'm not sure how to do it, but there is something on the nozzle that reduces the power. Also try turning the hop all the way on.

I think I have a 110 spring in mine and you can get them from zero one or redwolf for around £20 with shipping I think. That should give you just under 400fps in theory. I can find a link if you want.

I will be playing this weekend with the firesupport guys and they offer a pay online and get it delivered to the site on the day, so that could work. I'm keen to keep this spring intact for the 500fps woodland games, but I don't mind butchering a new spring to get it working. I'm a fullbore shooter that fancied a bit of milsim so it shouldn't be too difficult to take strip it, however some of the guides I've seen are not very informative and just show a gun ripped apart by a kid :D

Nothing like a challenge on the day. have the gun ready to be re-sprung then try and zero it and get a feel for it before the game.

The spring it takes is one for a maruzen aps or type 96 so one of these http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=280_648_351&products_id=3671 or http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Springs_Spring_Guides_Rifle_PSS2_110sp_Spring_for_APS2_Type_96.htm

Although both of these are out of stock :/ that will give you a bit under 400 fps without being cut on an un modified rifle. It is pretty confusing working out how it comes apart but it is simple to do. Watch this, I found it helpful:

Tbh, with an un modified rifle, you could probably have a 120 spring in there, I have a 110 but an air seal hop up. I would still cut a coil or two off just to be safe. I'm happy,to help, I've got this information from when I was doing it myself anyway.

This should work and is in stock http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/laylax-pss-spring-120sp-thin-type-for-apst96

A guy at work mentioned that his MB01 had a restrictor valve fitted in the bolt assembly/chamber. I will have it apart tonight and have a look, if the bolt in the end of this is missing then maybe I can get something to restrict it without having to faff with a spring.

Found this on a thread on these forums:

- The gun actually has pretty good stock power, perhaps too powerful for the internals, with an FPS of 480 (without velocity reducer) and a poor 270 (with velocity reducer). Being the Version 3 of the Well, it has a removable velocity reducer (comes installed). To remove, you have to take off the cheek rest, remove the bolt and unscrew the reducer from the cylinder head. It's that simple. The way it works is by reducing the air flow, so even though you're at a lower FPS, the spring is still the same, so the strain on the internal is also the same.

Maybe I will get lucky and the velocity reducer is still in there.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/5944-well-mb-01-l96-version-3-review/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.