Tippmann M4 Carbine

Guest PT247

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

a mate has just ordered one and said I can have a go when he gets it. Shall let you all know what I think when I have and if I have placed an order! :D

I like the idea of gas cartridges in mags, as that seems like it would add a very realistic feel to changing mags, as is the case with GBBs, but with more consistency to the shots. However, I'd be less enamoured with the notion of carrying a bottle around in a backpack and having a high pressure line attached to my rifle; I think it'd feel a bit too much like being a WW2 M2 flamethrower operator on some Pacific Island. It would limit your movement too much as well, and it's a step away from having a realistic appearance to your weapon with it having a compressed gas line coming off the bottom of the thing.

Saw one of these in Ammo Drop yesterday, he should be getting a larger amount in over the weekend.

the loss of power from the Co2 mag is large, with variations from 320 down to 285 in the last few rounds.. however, with a HPA rig for it costing less than £100 as the regulator is in the gun, it is a very nice piece of kit to say the least.

If anyone is going to the North V South Stirling event this weekend I know a guy is taking his with him... he may let you have a look :)

• Supporters

on CO2 is it say over 328 or 350 for say first 30 or so rounds ??

in other words a bit hot like many CO2 pistols are with fresh bulb

hence me saying Green Gas or Butane might be a more wiser or better option

(paintball may not be ultra strict on chrono/fps but some sites like mine are very strict)

yup CO2 option is good to have but think I would just take an old aeg backup if HPA runs out

so think keep the HPA gun simple and drop price a bit and would be more attractive to me

yup CO2 option is good to have but think I would just take an old aeg backup if HPA runs out

so think keep the HPA gun simple and drop price a bit and would be more attractive to me

Yeah, I'd never show up to a skirmish without a back up, and especially when running a gas gun. GBBs are nice, and good fun, but they're a bit like a fancy thoroughbred horse, impressive but often temperamental. I don't trust GBBs enough to use one without a back up, and the back up is always an electric gun, especially at this time of year when nearly every gas gun is all over the place in terms of consistency and reliability.

• 2 months later...

We (at black ops cribbs) are soon to be converting over to these as our rentals, over the next couple of months, Despite the high cost they make a lot of scence considering we already have the infrastructure for bulk HPA being an offshoot of a paintball site. We previewed them last week to general interest and positive feedback and shall be running tests over the next couple of weeks to determine efficiency and how much of a beating that can take.

tbh they will mainly be hpa, much cheaper to run and means that you can be more trigger happy, although I don't know the exact price I was going to get a P* so did some research into them.

The main reason to get this over a P* or whatever would mainly be the feedback, it has a bolt carrier etc so you will get the kick of a gbbr but not limited to 30 round magazines, it seems like a very good idea but I have no idea as to how well it works in practise, although time will tell

Bit late on the wagon, but these sound great....now if there's a few AK versions planned for later, I'd be even more interested. Maybe another SVD for the market?

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on my Tippmans for those of you who are interested, I took my shorter one out yesterday, had the outer cut down to its only got about 200mm inner barrel.

I had it running on HPA, 28's, G&G greeb bucking and a TK twist barrel. It was really good to use, the range was impression for such a short barrel :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.