Decent Tracer units.....

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone recommend me a Tracer Unit?

Currently using a spare from one of my mates but its really not very good. If I fire with my torch on its not too bad as I can see the glowing BB, but even in the dark its pretty hit and miss. When I look down the barrel the light inside is not very bright at all even with fresh batteries.

I was speaking to someone at The Mall on Sunday and his was pretty awesome, even in the light you could see his BBs were glowing as they left the gun and in the dark they looked great. He said it was from ebay at around £30 but I don't really know what I am looking for, the one I am using was almost £30 from Pro Airsoft so I don't want to buy one online which is just as bad as my current one. I would rather spend a lot more in store on the recommendation of the shop.

Has anyone got one they would recommend or at the least help me out with what to look out for, models, makes etc...

ASG B&T ones are supposed to be good, Patrol Base used to sell em for £39 but haven't had any in stock for a while. For £30 I can only think of the Big Dragon one which might be that sort of price, but they're shite.

• Supporters

You can improve the efficiency of cheap ones by replacing the white LEDs with UV LEDs - they may appear dimmer to our eyes, but they are putting out more energy in the bandwidth which excites the glowing component of the BB's.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, has anyone got one they use and am impressed with?

Edit: Very few, well none really, people have actually reviewed the ones I have looked at :angry:

• Supporters

As above really - the B&T one is the kiddy. I have the Dytac one purely for aesthetics and the fact that it fits the QD threading on my SCAR flash hider. It's way overpriced to be honest but it does work well (after a bit of adjustment to line up the inner barrel. Its one major drawback is having to take the guts out to turn it off and on (the B&T one has a little switch externally).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.