Basic airsoft loadout (for starters)?

Gargamel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm buying myself a "starter" kit for airsoft. I'll use the gun at home, but i also want to try skirmishes with my local airsoft teams and then maybe join one. So what do i need so i can start skirmishes?

What i'm considering right now:

- clothes: nothing extra. Boots that i already have, dark hiking pants and jacket,

- gun: LCT G-03 NV,

LCT-AEG-G03-NV-3L.jpg

- magazines: 1 x 70 round that i already have and one standard hicap, that comes with the gun.

- 2 point sling for the gun,

- face protection: i wear glasses and hate contact lenses. So this is what i'll buy probably (Sansei wide mesh, glasses should fit under it):

SG-ACC-SWG3.jpg

- extra head protection: multiwrap + baseball cap or any other cap

- gloves (Mechanix):

MX-MFF-F55-009.jpg

Is there anything else that is a "must have" item for starters or is there anything on my list that is not necessary or could i get a better value? i can buy things from European shops (gunfire.pl, taiwangun.com, fire-support.co.uk,...).

You will need a UKARA number to import into the UK. You are best to do some skirmishes with a hire gun and sort that out.

Apart from that you seem to have most of the basics covered. I find that separate goggles and mask work better with glasses. Even with mesh, a full face mask traps enough moisture to fog your glasses.

You need GOOD boots, they need to keep your ankle from snapping if you step in a rabbit warren or fox hole, and keep water out. Good hiking boots should do but i couldnt fault my army surplus boots at all.

Ammo may be an issue. Some people like to suppress enemies or spray-n-pray. If this is your styld then a couple of extra mags (and maybe a budget vest to put them in) may be helpful. Otherwise, i found that a cheap dot sight (25 quid i think) helped improve my marksmanship greatly.

You will need a UKARA number to import into the UK. You are best to do some skirmishes with a hire gun and sort that out.

Apart from that you seem to have most of the basics covered. I find that separate goggles and mask work better with glasses. Even with mesh, a full face mask traps enough moisture to fog your glasses.

I'm not from UK, so i don't need UKARA number.

The mask with googles can be separated, so i can only use multiwrap + googles.

You need GOOD boots, they need to keep your ankle from snapping if you step in a rabbit warren or fox hole, and keep water out. Good hiking boots should do but i couldnt fault my army surplus boots at all.

Ammo may be an issue. Some people like to suppress enemies or spray-n-pray. If this is your styld then a couple of extra mags (and maybe a budget vest to put them in) may be helpful. Otherwise, i found that a cheap dot sight (25 quid i think) helped improve my marksmanship greatly.

Ok, so couple more mags and maybe a cheap vest. I'll probably wait for my first fight or two and then know better what do i need.

Knee pads are always a nice little addition to protect yourself and they're quite cheap. I forgot to wear mine so I regretted it when I slipped and took a lot of skin off my knee cap on Sunday.

• Supporters

Those gloves are neither waterproof, nor armoured. If you crawl through wet grass, or bushes, during winter, your hands will get very cold. And you do not even gain the benefit of armour. Hard knuckle gloves, at least protect part of your hands, from BB hits (which bloody hurt your hands, but mainly your fingers). You can get purpose made armoured gloves which are not waterproof, or motorcycling gloves which can be armoured and waterproof.

Personally I wear fingerless hard knuckle gloves, like these but black, with a pair of cleaning gloves underneath, which are waterproof on the inside, like these but black: this allows me to feel small details with my fingertips, stay dry, and have some protection from BB hits. But when it gets very cold, I wear leather motorcycle gloves with armoured backs and fingers.

Ok, so couple more mags and maybe a cheap vest. I'll probably wait for my first fight or two and then know better what do i need.

As a noob with a half a dozen skirmishes under my belt this is the BEST advise you could receive.

Build your kit to suit your style of play and the places you play.

Having played 6 or 7 games I have realised my face protection is not upto scratch as I keep getting blasted in the forehead and having to explain the bruises and marks all the time. Plus my glasses and lower mask combo do not work together very well so need to sort that. Could never have been warned about this before I started as its personal preference. Also I am fed up of body shots stinging like hell (I play in a long sleeve T shirt) so also want to add a jacket or vest for extra protection despite saying from the start I do not like vests.....

I have only played CQB indoors so my loadout is basic and black to suit the dark rooms we play in but as I want to start playing outdoors I appreciate I need a separate loadout for outdoors (taking into account the great English weather).

• Supporters

You guys know what your doing, I need a good m4 or ak variant for £125 or less as im starting airsoft

If you're just starting out, read this. If you've just discovered airsoft and want to buy a gun and then go to a game day, you're putting the cart before the horse, basically, and chances are you are about to waste some money...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.