Screws

YingKid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a Classic Army M4 magazine and it is missing the screw that goes in the bottom of the mag. Anyone know where I can get one?

I am also missing a small screw for the rear iron sight adjustment knob. I guess the question is, how can I identify what screws I am missing in general and how can I source them?

Thanks!

• Supporters

I have a Classic Army M4 magazine and it is missing the screw that goes in the bottom of the mag. Anyone know where I can get one?

I am also missing a small screw for the rear iron sight adjustment knob. I guess the question is, how can I identify what screws I am missing in general and how can I source them?

Thanks!

The magazine screw you should be able to get from Maplin. The grub screw that holds the sight adjuster knob on you could try Halfords but more likely you'll need a proper hardware/engineering supplies type shop.

Most common used screws have a similar metric pitch, so if you have a ruler or vernier guage you can work out what size screws you need if you have one to compare it to.

As a rough rule the M Number is the diameter of the shaft of the screw, so an M3 would be 3mm wide, and M6 6mm wide Ect.

The length is the length, most screws will need to be cut/ground to the correct length, so always buy longer than you need.

Then decide if you need countersunk head which is a v shape, or a rounded head which is a hill shape, or a flat head screw.

Then finally decide what head you need a Phillips, flat or allen key.

Once you know them, you can nip to your local ironmonger or diy shop and find the correct screws. Its unlikely B&Q will have what you like and halfords will rip you off for very poor fixings.

Ebay is a good place to look if you know the correct size you need, Personally if i'm replacing one I like to replace them all.

I have used Kayfast a few times, they are pretty good quality and fairly quick to deliver, although not the cheapest.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.