EBB AK's

BBrotherwood

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

What electric blowback AK's are worth having? I would most likely be looking for the 74 variants. The TM recoil looks nice but so does the price :/

Cheers

Ben

• Supporters

CYMA CM.050A

I got a CYMA cm.050. pretty nice but not overly exiting either^^

apparently it damages the gearbox over time, but considering how cheap CYMA gearboxes are - might be worth it:)

quite apart from the EBB its also a very good gun! and the EBB is really easy to disable would you not want it at some point :)

oh and its AKM rather than 74. and I wouldn't touch a TM AK.

oh and its AKM rather than 74. and I wouldn't touch a TM AK.

Oooh thats interesting, how comes? The fact the TM does not come with mounts for the side scope mounts is disappointing. Are they an exception to the everything TM is good?

Oooh thats interesting, how comes?

Nasty, plastic & outdated.Unless something changed recently. *

Are they an exception to the everything TM is good?

*seems it has, I'd personally would still put my money elsewhere

He probably means the old plastic ones. Heard nothing but good about the recoil shock AKs and assuming they're anything like how good the scars and AR15s are they'll be great.

That's fair.

Problem thou is TM still have this reputation as "the one and only", from when they pretty much were just that. Not sayin' they're not making anything good, but they also make a lot of junk and they are way overrated imo.

• Supporters

All the recoil shock guns are metal where they should be etc. The old stuff nowadays is dated like you say but given the last non recoil shock gun came out in like 2007/8 excluding high cycles I don't think you can judge them on that, otherwise we'd all be saying g&g etc suck. I think the older stuff not being top end stuff anymore is fair enough given they're all very old now, the m4 for example is coming on 20 years old.

• Supporters

G&G have a pretty wide range of AKs and I think all of them have a blowback version, I paid £145 for mine and it's one of only two guns I've ever left alone internally. It was just too good to need to try to make it better, and for the price you really can't go wrong.

The blowback G&G use also uses redirected air from the gearbox to push the bolt back, so there's nothing clamped to the gearbox as per other designs, meaning there's no added wear on the internal parts, so it doesn't decrease the life of the gun.

It is just visual blowback though, you're not going to feel any feedback from it unless you go for a TM, or a gas AK.

I agree with two_zero on the whole, I do find that TM get a lot of praise that's no less valid when talking about a lot of other companies, they just get special attention because they were the best a long time ago, because they were the first to do pretty much everything. Their reputation is quite definitively a remnant of their glory days, but that's not to say they aren't good, they're just not better than everything else on offer.

The recoil shocks are a very clever innovation and they get a great rep. AEGs with actual recoil. Get one if you can afford it, but if you're mechanically minded, you're never going to get recoil from an AEG as good as from a gas rifle.

• Supporters

which is the other one?

A G&G MP5

This is just regarding AEGs though, I've had a lot of gas pistols I've never done anything to, and I've not done anything with any gas rifles I've ever owned either.

• Supporters

I didn't really do anything with that either, except throw money at it and scream.

I had no idea what I was doing, I bet if I had a time machine I'd be able to fix it in 5 minutes. I probably just squirted oil down the barrel or something, I can't remember.

The reliability on the G&G is starting to sound like a big plus, although I cant imagine parts for a CYMA will be that dear. If I sold off my L85 I might have enough money for a TM come Christmas but im not sure I can justify the price of one and then getting mid caps for it as well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.