Wolverine SMP/PolarStar?

Undieing_Lust

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Airsofters! Just back to airsoft again after a long break. (I know shame on me :rolleyes:) just before I get into my question, mods feel free to move if I have put this into the wrong sub-forum as I was not really sure were to put this.

I am thinking about getting a Wolverine SMP as I want a reliable airsoft gun with out having to do the maintenance of a standard AEG platform that comes with it. As I am fed up with having to shim gears,grease gears,replace striped pistons and the like. So I have a few questions to those who have either a Polar* set up or a Wolverine SMP or are just more knowledgeable in general. At the moment I am leaning towards the SMP. I am going to put this into an ICS M4 for the moment but later on I am going to build a different rig around it. So my questions are

• Will the split gearbox design interfere with the SMP from the research I have done it doesn't look like it will.
  • As ICS doesn't use a standard Hop-Up Chamber/Nozzle is that going to cause a problem with the SMP? I am going to ask Wolverine directly to see what they say.
  • General information on running a HPA set up as I will new to this. What I need to go along with the system like Tanks,Hose,Regulators and such I hear that the Redline stuff is very good.

-Tim

Qlimax has the SMP. Maybe worth dropping him a PM for more details on setup etc.

• Supporters

I've pm'd him for you.

• Supporters

Hey Airsofters! Just back to airsoft again after a long break. (I know shame on me :rolleyes:) just before I get into my question, mods feel free to move if I have put this into the wrong sub-forum as I was not really sure were to put this.

I am thinking about getting a Wolverine SMP as I want a reliable airsoft gun with out having to do the maintenance of a standard AEG platform that comes with it. As I am fed up with having to shim gears,grease gears,replace striped pistons and the like. So I have a few questions to those who have either a Polar* set up or a Wolverine SMP or are just more knowledgeable in general. At the moment I am leaning towards the SMP. I am going to put this into an ICS M4 for the moment but later on I am going to build a different rig around it. So my questions are

• Will the split gearbox design interfere with the SMP from the research I have done it doesn't look like it will.
  • As ICS doesn't use a standard Hop-Up Chamber/Nozzle is that going to cause a problem with the SMP? I am going to ask Wolverine directly to see what they say.
  • General information on running a HPA set up as I will new to this. What I need to go along with the system like Tanks,Hose,Regulators and such I hear that the Redline stuff is very good.
-Tim
The wolverine SMP is a great little system, easy to install. The SMP fits into a V2 or V3 gearbox only.

Unfortunately though you won't be able to avoid maintenance like any weapon us Airsofters use maintenance is requires but every 50-75k of BBs fired depending on conditions you play in. Maintenance is extremely easy to do and takes 5 mins to do what's needed. I did a clean of mine today all in all it took an 1Hr to strip down clean and rebuild.

As for running, I have a supplier that can supply everything required to get it up and running. It uses the following bits.

SMP Unit ( FCU, battery)

Regulator

Control line

HPA bottle

It all has to be tuned once installed using the FCU and a chrono. For the hop chamber & air nozzle can you post some pics for me to look at.

If you go into the Custom Guns section and Other I have a thread there for the SMP.

Mine had a problem and haven't used it yet but was an easy fix. I've had to learn quick with mine and install it all myself as long as you have knowledge of getting into a gearbox your good to go.

Also having your bottles filled may be a challenge, if you have a local paintball site or you know someo e with a scuba tank your laughing. I personally have bought my own scuba tank and filling station one less thing to worry about.

Guest pierce09

A team mate of mine is a Supplier for Wolverine SMPs and I'll check up but i'm pretty sure it has to be a TM compatible gearbox for the piston to go in. Just a heads up as i've not had the joy of working on a split ICS gearbox.

• Supporters

A team mate of mine is a Supplier for Wolverine SMPs and I'll check up but i'm pretty sure it has to be a TM compatible gearbox for the piston to go in. Just a heads up as i've not had the joy of working on a split ICS gearbox.

I'll correct you there, it will fit in ANY V2 or V3 gearbox as long as it's a full shell box but you have to know which box it is you have before buying dos these come in a V2 & V3 version

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/23827-wolverine-smp-fitting/?p=172581

Sorry for long wait on the replay guys been at collage all day. Thanks for all the help so far from you guys. but I still have a few more questions.

• I dont mind doing a little maintenance I know I would have to do that much. What maintenance is required? luebing O-Rings and such or is it more indepth? As there is still little info out as it is still relatively new.
  • What Regulator,Control Line and HPA Bottle would you recomend? I would prefer a Coiled line if possible and I hear that the Redline Regulators are very good.
  • How do you fill the Tank with air and managing the PSI?

(Edit) Will upload photos later tonight.

• Supporters

Sorry for long wait on the replay guys been at collage all day. Thanks for all the help so far from you guys. but I still have a few more questions.

• I dont mind doing a little maintenanceI know I would have to do that much. What maintenance is required? luebing O-Rings and such or is it more indepth? As there is still little info out as it is still relatively new.
  • What Regulator,Control Line and HPA Bottle would you recomend? I would prefer a Coiled line if possible and I hear that the redline Regulators are very good.
  • How do you fill the Tank with air and managing the PSI?

So for your first question please see this link, this is what I have been doing for myself and others to show hints on the SMP as information available is extremely limited . http://youtu.be/9AwN94oxj28

Your third question I have answered the filling part already and for managing your PSI that is done on your regulator but only need to set this once for your desired Fps and its done, mine is currently at 80PSI doing 335Fps.

Your second question. I have a Redline Regulator with a straight control line as I run it through my shoulder strap on my DCS. Redline regulators also have the tournament lock on which is required if you wanna use the SMP on all UK sites.

As for a bottle your SMP comes with a Guarilla 48ci 3000 PSI bottle well mine did but that depends where you get it from.

You can PM me anytime for help with purchases or anything.

• Supporters

Brillinat mate! Thanks for all your help! Looks like am goona grab myself an SMP!

Get some prices then run them by me mate. I can get you everything for £460 posted from the States

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.