Manual guns.

Rookie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now, this is my first post so if I messed this up, sorry in advance.

I am looking to buy a spring gun ( although not electric with spring ) the The problem is there does not appear to be any nice springers apart from sniper rifles. Do any brands which don't make plastic tat make decent spring rifles? I am looking for something like a DMR.

Thanks for reading & replying if you do.

Sorry mate, there aren't any springer DMRs AFAIK. Only bolt actions or cheapo shit "bb guns"

Even electric DMRs aren't very good unfortunately. There was a thread recently you should still be able to find in the last few pages, basically they look like one but internally they're going to be just the same as any normal electric rifle and they need a lot of work to perform as you'd expect from such a gun.

You'll see we recommend the G&G Combat Machine a lot to beginners (as DMRs / snipers need a lot of expensive upgrades and experience, gas guns need maintaining, sniping is away from the action and as a new player I would want to play the rifleman role)

If you want a spring gun your best choice is a tri-shot shotgun. There isn't actually a huge choice when it comes to them. All are basically manufactured by the same company but can be sold / distributed under different names. So for example DE (Double Eagle) or UTG sell them.

Will set you back probably £50-£60 (there's a full stock model, collapsible stock version and no stock / pistol grip one)

I know it isn't the answer you were really wanting but hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Hmmm, out of all the cheapo s*** brands, are there any diamonds in the rough? I am mainly getting into airsoft because a friend of mine owns a part of a forest and we do monthly skirmishes. I would not be using a gun too much so are there any cheaper alternatives?

If you can find any, Tokyo Marui do/did a range of plastic spring pistols and a few rifles which are great for plinking, used to be widely available before the 2007 VCRA but they are hard to find in the UK now, and they don't have hop-up afaik, which limits them to short range, certainly no good as DMR's. Places like Airsoft World do a few other springers which may be what you're looking for, but its a brave soul who skirmishes with a springer! :)

Think I found sething here, it still looks a bit crap but maybe... just maybe if upgraded the spring and a couple.of other parts it could become useful. I haven't checked compatibility yet.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/two-tone-sig-552-commando-airsoft-rifle-bb-gun-spring-cocking.html

At least it has a hop unit so range may be ok even though power is pretty low. Its still a backyard plinker though. And I'd be surprised if anything parts wise is even remotely compatible tbh. These guns are generally fit for the bin if something breaks. Also if you do actually find a stronger spring I'd expect the trigger sear and bolt handle to break real quick. I reckon you'd be far happier with a Combat Machine AEG in the long run, especially if your mates get them and you have a springer. . . . :)

Now, this is my first post so if I messed this up, sorry in advance.

I am looking to buy a spring gun ( although not electric with spring ) the The problem is there does not appear to be any nice springers apart from sniper rifles. Do any brands which don't make plastic tat make decent spring rifles? I am looking for something like a DMR.

Thanks for reading & replying if you do.

A&K SVD springer? :)

KWC makes decent springers, but not too sure they make DMRs..

edit:

no clue about koer.. but http://www.taiwangun.com/en/sniper-rifle-svd-style-koer?from=listing&campaign-id=19

• Supporters

By DMR spriger I assume he meant a semi-auto gun's springer replica. Based on that the springer svd is ok. But it is an overkill if the others only have springer pistols.

For usefulness I would recommend a single shot shotgun. They are awesome accurate (after cleaning), light and cheap.

double eagle make alright shotguns, they seem to be budget but people do like them. Then again, I would never pay 50 quid for a springer. In all honesty, I would get an AEG and then just plink with that. however, the offer to go to a skirmish with a G&G (and not get outgunned) is still open and in the long run it is the better choice. If you want a spring gun you will probably have to buy a cheapie, don't know of any real quality ones out there.

I have heard of a good springer M1, but no-one has ever sold it in the UK. http://www.evike.com/products/44598/

Evike will 2 tone though.

The problem is that Taiwangun don't 2 tone so that SVD is no use. Landwarrior have it on special http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/sniper-rifles-c47/asg-asg-dragunov-svd-spring-rifle-3-spare-magazines-p3747 but they charge for 2 toning.

@two zero that SVD is a bolt action :( and it is a really bad deal for us in the UK. :(

bolt action?? straight pull if anything. I am confused as to what you want, you DONT want to pull a lever inbetween each shot, and you DONT want electric?? good luck with that. £60 is a bad deal?

That that gun in two tone is a lot more, sometimes over £100 ( a bad deal ). Also another model of the SVD IS a bolt action which I thought the gun you were referring to was... I am new to airsoft and I will cock things up in these posts, calm yourself!

A&K's SVD Dragunov is worth considering if you don't want to break the bank and have not got a UKARA, since it is inexpensive and can be bought in a decent two-tone colour without any UKARA registration for 120 quid:

http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/dragunov-airsoft-sniper-rifle.htm

Although it is technically a DMR in real life (according to Soviet Doctrine at the time it was designed anyway, since they deployed it at a squad level as standard), the fact that it is a big long rifle (and I mean really long) means most people regard it as a sniper rifle rather than a DMR. This is particularly true of airsoft variants, since most of them are spring action single shot affairs with a thirty round mag, whereas the real SVD Dragunov is in fact semi-automatic, so actually a bit better suited to close action. In any case, the A&K SVD is a very good rifle if you want to be a bit sniperish, and there are many upgrade parts available for it too, including a kit where you can convert it to gas blowback semi automatic, which would make it more usable as a DMR. It's worth noting that although it does have pretty good AK47-style iron sights, you'd really be wanting an airsoft replica of the PSO-1 sight which is specifically for the SVD Dragunov (you can find those on Ebay for about sixty quid). Warning, the A&K SVD is a bitch to cock when it is new, as the spring is very strong (i.e. it shoots at about 480 fps straight out of the box), although you can buy an extended cocking handle which makes life easier, and it does sort of 'break in' and get easier to cock after a while, although some of that is down to getting used to the technique required to do so.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.