Gunfire (Poland) / gun-fire.co.uk

Big.Guns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Anyone got any horror or great success stories to share from the past couple of weeks?  GunFire are coming out about £25 cheaper than TaiwanGun for the same order (or to be more precise, I can add a tri-shotty to the GF order for a couple of £££ extra) but I'd really like the delivery before next weekend.  What do we reckon?  I'll be ordering first thing Monday morning either way.

[EDIT] Ordered from GunFire, such cheapness, many bargains.

Taking one for the team here, I'll let you know if and when it shows up.

• Supporters

Well, damn.  Ordered Sunday night, expected dispatch was shown as Tuesday, which would have given it a fair shake of arriving by Friday.

It's now the end of Tuesday, two full working days after ordering, and the order is still showing as in progress, with no dispatch information.

I'd stick with TaiwanGun if I were you, chaps. :(

• Supporters

And on working day three, Roger did receive this message.

Hello,

Your order was put on hold because there is one obstacle that stops us from preparing and dispatching it. During the quality control, it turned out that the FMA-09-003828 you've ordered is damaged in some way and we can not send that to you. Unfortunately, it was the last item we had. Please let us know, whether you would like to have that product removed having the money refunded and the order sent without it or you rather prefer to exchange it for something else.

We are waiting for a message from you.

And lo, Roger did weep, then ask for part FMA-09-003821, which is functionally identical to FMA-09-003828, and he did wish that they had spake to him yesterday, or verily hath just substituted it and sendeth the order on that day.  And there was much lamenting.

Well, it happens, and it's no biggie in the end.  Pretty clear communication as well.

• Supporters

Aaand another working day, another no confirmation of my response or of dispatch.

I guess TaiwanGun gets my business from now on. It's worth a few more £££ to actually get sent what you ordered in the same week that you order it.

Who do GunFire think they are - a British company?

kJ7QznD.gif

• Supporters

Working day 5, no response, no update to the order.

I'll be opening a PayPal dispute on Monday.

I knew, I just knew I should have gone with TaiwanGun.  😒

• Supporters

Eh, given that there's minimal chance that it will be delivered by next weekend now, I've requested a refund instead.  Given their lack of responses to date, I've tried to contact them via a PayPal dispute as well.

Let's see how it works out, but I am the opposite of gruntled about GunFire at the moment and - depending on if or how they resolve this - could only recommend staying well away from them despite the cheap prices.

• Supporters

Working day 6, no dispatch, no change to the order, and still no response at all from GunFire for 4 working days either directly or through PayPal.  I have now escalated it to a PayPal claim.

It didn't have to go this way.  Why did they make it go this way?

• Supporters

It is weird.  I mean, they did initiate communication about the order, albeit belatedly, but have now gone into total stealth mode apart from automated acknowledgements - so yes, they are receiving the emails, to the address that they asked me to send them to.

Not even responding to contact via PayPal is bizarre though, as it's a shoe in for them to lose the case and ultimately, if they lose enough, to be charged higher fees or even lose the ability to take PayPal at all.  They must know this, so I can only assume that they're so swamped with orders that they can literally afford to just sod some of them off AND take the ding from lost PayPal claims.

Or maybe they've been eaten by badgers.

• Supporters

Looks like gunfire are now shooting blanks ! 🤦‍♂️

On 6/14/2018 at 12:34 AM, Rogerborg said:

Who do GunFire think they are - a British company?

Love that 😁 

And after they had their big "Back in the game" sale - won't be chancing it with these guys again, no matter how cheap their deals are. 

• Supporters

And on the Seventh Working Day, Roger did rest, as GunFire, without a word of apology or acknowledgement, have finally cancelled the order and (they say) "[PayPal] Return has been made."

Well, let's see how long that takes to bubble up back through PayPal and my bank account.  It took seconds to go their way, it doesn't seem to be so snappy coming back.

Bah, it's too late to make a TaiwanGun order and receive it by next weekend now. :(

• Supporters

Oh hai, guess who still hasn't received a refund despite the order clearly claiming that it's been refunded to my PayPal?

[UPDATE]

Aaand, finally refunded.  That brings this sorry tale to a close.  Careful now.

• Supporters

Eh, it'll all come out in the wash eventually (still not back in my bank account yet to be spent elsewhere though).  It's disappointing as I've had one order from them with no problems, and they are very cheap, but I rather suspect that they're just swamped.  I'm actually OK with delay, stuff happens, but it's going completely silent that triggers my claim / chargeback response.

What I'd particularly warn about is the hazard of ordering something that's showing as low stock, as I suspect that's when they're going to find that they've miscounted or that the last one on the shelf is actually pink and shop soiled.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

What I'd particularly warn about is the hazard of ordering something that's showing as low stock, as I suspect that's when they're going to find that they've miscounted or that the last one on the shelf is actually pink and shop soiled.

Seen this before - we work on ecommerce sites and it's ghost stock so it could be with a supplier - but then the supplier could be out of stock and they don't know. Bit of a trick to ensure they always look like they have stock. 

Aim to avoid buying if stock quantity is 1 - or contact the retailer just to be on the safe side. ... If they respond of course 🤔

• Supporters

Final closure, the money is now back in my account and available to spend after 10 working days.  Never a word of explanation or apology for the failure to dispatch, to respond, or to cancel the order before PayPal got involved.

They could have retained me as a potential customer with a 30 second email.  I guess that's literally not worth their time.  So noted.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Final closure, the money is now back in my account and available to spend after 10 working days.  Never a word of explanation or apology for the failure to dispatch, to respond, or to cancel the order before PayPal got involved.

They could have retained me as a potential customer with a 30 second email.  I guess that's literally not worth their time.  So noted.

Ah now that's just shitty customers service. Won't be buying from them. Sounds like too much effort to get things right if the unforeseen happens. 

• Supporters

As an aside, it's a great argument in favour of using PayPal.  That would have taken a lot longer to sort out if it had been a credit or debit card purchase.

I am hopping rodgerborgs experience was a blip. I have bought from gunfire several times and generally they have been quicker than UK based retailers. 

• Supporters

It's the same company, the .co.uk is just an English / £ default front end.

I know, they're soooooo cheap that it's hard to resist.  And you'll probably be OK, I imagine that they get the majority of their orders correct and on time.

This 'un?  https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152191226-JG080-carbine-replica.html

Sooooooo cheap.  The note of caution is the "very small quantity of stock".  It's literally the last one (you can't order 2), which may mean you get the returned one, or the shop soiled one, or the one that they don't actually have.

Seems out of character, I have never had any issues with them. Granted it takes a while for them to pull their fingers out and dispatch stuff but figured thats more to do with scale of operation.  I went to HK this year and even large well known retailers like WGC and ehobby are tiny tiny outlets in real life.  As a consequence I am now very careful when ordering from HK or abroad and always email in advance to confirm stock.  

Placed my order 2 minutes ago, email confirmation of payment and order processing received almost immediately.

image.thumb.png.82b00eeed3e21f3fdfabd354edb71ff2.png

I am impressed.

Also got an email back finally saying not sure when further stock will be in but seeing as I got two emails confirming processing, not nervous just yet.

After zero human contact since I placed the order at 7am on Friday I've finally got a response. For some weird reason they had two orders for me, both the same except one was paid. Obviously cancelled the unpaid and just received a human email response as I was typing a "if you aint gonna dispatch my shit them ima cancel my shit" type email....

They have until close of business today before I instigate a refund through PayPal.

• Supporters

They don't process orders over the weekend, so close of play today is when I'd expect to them dispatch.  Even if it goes out tomorrow you should still get it by next weekend.  Despite my bad experience, I wouldn't actually expect them to stuff up your order.

<SuBo-fingers-crossed.png>

• Supporters

Hah, I also got an email asking me to contact them about a negative (factual) review that I'd left at their chosen review site.

They don't need to fix their communication, they just need to get their stocking sorted out and send out orders in a timely fashion.  Then they wouldn't need to communicate.

I'll light a candle for you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.