Would you eat Bear Grylls?

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I mean... he's just so fucking cheerful!

• Supporters

I swear, 3hrs with Mr. Grylls in a survival situation, I'd have to kill meself or him.

No Bear, Idon't want to make the best of it... I'm English, I'm not doing anything before I've had a massive whinge (and so are you, you fucking weirdo!) and then, whatever I do, it will be accompanied by copious amounts of further whinging.

You right click on the video and select copy video URL in Youtube. Then just paste it in here.

• Supporters

...really Bear? It looks fucking horrendous and it actually tastes it too?

Well why so fucking pleased with yourself then?

• Supporters

...really Bear? It looks f*cking horrendous and it actually tastes it too?

Well why so f*cking pleased with yourself then?

Those bits always remind me of that part in Crocodile Dundee. You know? The "you can eat it.....but it tastes like shit" part.

• Supporters

I don't actually remember much of Crocodile Dundee, just the bit where he stops dry shaving with a Bic and gets his fuck off knife out to carry on... Bear Grylls wouldn't do that though - he'd find some kind of plant that melts your face off...

Generally bear grylls is poor. Whilst I admire him for being the chief scout and thinking that will do a lot for the promotion the group, I find most if his shows crap, and far prefer Ray Mears who blends interesting stories into his programme as well as the ability to whittle up a mansion with nothing more than a bit of flint and some bamboo, the provide a three course hot meal, with no hint of drinking your own piss

Generally bear grylls is poor. Whilst I admire him for being the chief scout and thinking that will do a lot for the promotion the group, I find most if his shows crap, and far prefer Ray Mears who blends interesting stories into his programme as well as the ability to whittle up a mansion with nothing more than a bit of flint and some bamboo, the provide a three course hot meal, with no hint of drinking your own piss

Yeah, but apart from the first few seasons of Ray Mears, he was camped out in 5 star hotels overnight :P

• Supporters

Yeah, and TBH Ray Mears is a bit too in love with the whole 'noble savage' malarky for my taste. I mean, yeah, for sure there's a lot to be said for communing with nature stylee an ting, but the plain fact of the matter is that indigenous tribes people have hard lives and poor life expectancy because they have to work bloody hard pretty much all day every day just to feed themselves and when things go wrong medically, they have very few options. Whilst that may well leave a lot less time and energy available for existential angst, it also leaves little to no time for contemplating the beauty of life, which kind of invalidates the basis of the 'love affair' itself, in as much as it takes the very technological society we come from in order to appreciate the value of the 'simple beauty' of their lives, if you see what i mean...

Reminds me of a story I heard about some travel writer visiting Australia who got himself invited to go hunting with some aborigines: they set off into the bush in a ute (no doubt wearing stubby strides, with a few tinnies in the cooler, a barby in the back, and heading for the bilafukinbong) and one of them shouts, "Roo!" So the driver swerved off the track and ran the fucker over - an hour later they're all eating roo steaks round the fire... and our protagonist is feeling decidedly let down :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.