Wolverine SMP fitting.

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well he does a review of it, but I think he takes it all apart in the review, it's a seriously I depth review aim sure he takes it all apart. It's about 20 mins long.

Yeah had a look at that one but it's only a strip down from he gearbox he doesn't enter the SMP unit it self :-( thanks though bud it is appreciated.

• Supporters

its working now and on full auto but makes me wonder plus something is wrong with the amount of air it's using so going to take it apart and clean/lube then test it all again. just on testing and set up I've used two 48ci bottles which isn't good

Jesus, aren't they meant to last 2k shots. Anyway, what barrel are you using, patently orga wide bores are great. Would love to hear about how well it performs at a skirmish, keep us updated! Out of interest how many sites don't allow them? Thanks for answering all my questions

• Supporters

Jesus, aren't they meant to last 2k shots. Anyway, what barrel are you using, patently orga wide bores are great. Would love to hear about how well it performs at a skirmish, keep us updated! Out of interest how many sites don't allow them? Thanks for answering all my questions

You should somewhere between 2-3k on shots depending on your setup. I am using he standard G&G Tightbore barrel 6.03 which I'm now told uses a it more air. Not sure on that I know 100% First & Only have banned them but they are gay so foooook em lol. If you have a tournament lock on it like mine then NO site should ban it as it runs the same as a Polarstar which all sites allow so I am told. I need to strip and clean to rule out the air issues then after that we can look at other issues if any. I should be going a game day in the next two weeks so I will get some footage of this running.

• Supporters

So as I said I would. Here is a quick maintenance video on the SMP. Again I am working in the dark as there's not much help out there but I can confirm these steps have made it run loads better. The Fps is more consistent but will have to wait and see on the air consumption.

http://youtu.be/9AwN94oxj28

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So an update for anyone wanting to build one of these systems.

TBB are a bad idea, wider the barrel the better it will run. Upgrading your hop and bucking is a must. Mine recommended barrel is an Orga 6.23mm with a Prowin Hop. An upgraded bucking is always a good idea as well but wih using a wider barrel you'll have to use a Prometheus Hop Up Tensioner Flat for better consistency with your hop. You'll loose Fps have having an HPA system it's a simply turn your PSI up and done.

I ran mine at Shock the weekend just gone and having a TBB with a standard G&G hop worked well but it used a lot more air and after about 45-50m the BB lost control. I found myself having to run a much heavier BB to get better consistency.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So another update and now the SMP is running excellent.

So after finding the air usage was really poor and its range wasn't what it should have been I looked into changing my barrel as mentioned above but me being me COMPLETELY overlooked the hop unit amd that was due to it being brand new so never gave it a second thought. Anyway.....

I bought a Prowin hop with a 60 degree Madbull red shark bucking and installed them to my 275mm TBB for testing and I must say WOW what a difference. The air seal before was really bad when sealing the hop holes and blowing into the barrel air just p*ssed out but now its solid and the air seal between hop and unit is perfect as well.

I moved onto chrono and PSI settings and it would appear both were to high my PSI was 80 its now roughly 55psi and the Dwell was half open its now a third if that and comfortable doing 345Fps consistently. Which is ace. 25rps and a range of roughly 80 metres :-).

So to make it a little more speeder and trigger affective I have installed a blade Speed trigger and adjusted it to a hair. The new silencer I made really does work and what a treat.

I recommend anyone wanting one of these there is a number of things to look at before hand as I have gone in blind and after I have now completed this I've spent over £1k but worth every penny.

A mate of mine is soon becoming a UK main supplier for these and will be much better priced than The Grange. I am building his website as we speak and once he's up and running I will post the site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

do you know when this new site will be up and running? Looking to get a Wolverine kit early next year.

Hi Springs,

Not sure yet but I can provide you with some contact details of the guy who will be supplying this and his facebook page as well. I got mine from him.

Click the link in my signature for all your SMP needs :)

I'm getting an order together from my supplier in the states and will have some SMP's in. However if anyone wants anything in particular then im happy to take orders and payment and get any item you need with this delivery. As the last time i had stock (wolverine SMP) they were gone in about an hour!
Please PM me if you want anything

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So after using my SMP for a second game day a few weeks back the data cable snapped and the FCU decided it would blow as well.

after some thinking i decided to change where it all does as the data cable is fragile and with constant bending it soon gives up but where the FCU is the battery must be due to the short cable between the two but not now.

I have placed my FCU back in the stock so it's safe and sound and now setup it won't need to be removed. and the battery is now in the grip. Some people thought this would be and is a pointless task for me to do but if it keeps my FCU safe and reduces wear on the data cable to practically nothing then to me it's well worth it.

20150128_205314_zps9hepn8zq.jpg

20150128_210318-1_zps6dswtylt.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.